Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (traveler, petercorbett, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443101 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#271702 - 01/17/09 11:08 AM Spanish Support Group
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Does anyone know of a online support group setup in Spanish? A friend of a friend asked me and I am drawing a total blank. Anything you guys know of geared toward Spanish speaking people in the Bay area would be great.

Thanks, Nathan

#271704 - 01/17/09 11:19 AM Re: Spanish Support Group [Re: Nathan LaChine]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Nathan,

My boyfriend is Spanish and consequently has looked for such a site as well - no such thing unfortunately. He tells me that he is not surprised by this as the machismo inherent to the culture excludes the possibility of coming forward. I understand that - you will never find a survivors site for First Nations People either.

#271765 - 01/17/09 10:52 PM Re: Spanish Support Group [Re: joelRT]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

That is a shame that in the 21st century machismo prevents a society or group from addressing real issues. Thanks Joel for the information I will continue to search around, if I find anything I will pass it along.

Nathan

#271770 - 01/17/09 11:48 PM Re: Spanish Support Group [Re: Nathan LaChine]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Thanks Nathan. Any info on Spanish language resources would be welcome to a great many. Geeders was telling me that at his WoR this fall there was a Spanish guy or two in attendance and voicing the same complaint - no Spanish language resources.

And it is a shame when you consider that the more macho a culture the greater the likelyhood of boys being sexually abused. That makes for a huge number of victims condemned to suffer in silence.

#271772 - 01/18/09 12:42 AM Re: Spanish Support Group [Re: joelRT]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Hence why I am here volunteering, I will never live my life in silence again.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.