Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#271484 - 01/15/09 08:09 PM President Bush's Farewell Speech
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Gag me with a spoon!!!!! Good riddance.

I thought that maybe he could speak without a teleprompter this time and actually be a leader for once, but he failed again.

If I could think of just one good thing that he accomplished in 8 years, I wouldn't give such a scathing review of his stint in office, but I can't.

Official grade for President Bush's term: "F"

#271486 - 01/15/09 08:15 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Hauser]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Canada ain't to very sad to him go to.

Maybe now we can get back to liking our cousins south of the border.

It is a sad testament indeed that a leader of his people speaks for the entire nation and when that leader is an ass, well...............

#271504 - 01/15/09 10:03 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: joelRT]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO

"So long, Farewell..." All that I can think of is that song in the Sound of Music, as Dubya slinks off to his own private island in Dubai, as the value of our retirement accounts continues to slide off of the face of the earth like the setting sun. I hear that it looks like the State of Texas from the air!!!

Mooo, as they say in Texas, and good riddance!!!

Mark

#271626 - 01/16/09 09:56 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Trucker51]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca

Laura, probably has to lead him to the john so he knows where to piss.
What a sad excuse for a president he has been these last 8 years.

Hey! my republican friends are you better off now than 8 years ago.

I say let's air drop Bush into northern Paskastan and use him as bait. When bin ladena finds him we blow both of them away tomahawk missile.
Kill two birds with one stone.

Come to think of it who was really the worst enemy of the U.S.
My vote hands down is Bush. All Bin ladena did was knock down a few buildings.
Bush has brought the whole U.S. ecomony down.

Joel, watch your manners Bush still has a few days left. He might declare Canada a terrorist state and invade you in his last two days in office.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#271629 - 01/16/09 10:15 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: michael banks]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: michael banks
Joel, watch your manners Bush still has a few days left. He might declare Canada a terrorist state and invade you in his last two days in office.

I would not put it past him. My fear is that his good buddy Stevie, our Prime Minister, just might be inclined to enable him.

#271678 - 01/17/09 06:44 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: joelRT]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Ok, you guys ya all got my IRISH UP. I personally think that he did a good job. It wasn't his fault that the economy went south, it was all those greedy bastards in the mortgage/banks that started it. And they sure got a lot of help from THOSE 400 odd asshole senators and congressmen. It sure is easier to blame him, rather than those FOR LIFE senators/congressmen. We should have gotten rid of them, they have been there too long, it's about time that they get a REAL JOB, working for OUR wages. He is/was a down to earth guy. Atleast he didn't get a blow job on government time under the desk. "I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN". Then I guess that if a BJ isn't sex then my CSA was only half as bad from what happened to me. Watch out I'm going back to TEXAS. And I'm gonna be watching for Colorado, California and Canadian license plated cars, ROAD RAGE. ha ha. Heal well my brothers/friends.
Pete (IRISHmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#271685 - 01/17/09 08:40 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: petercorbett]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: petercorbett
Watch out I'm going back to TEXAS. And I'm gonna be watching for Colorado, California and Canadian license plated cars, ROAD RAGE. ha ha. Heal well my brothers/friends.
Pete (IRISHmoose)

Ok Pete. I'll bite. What weapons of mass destruction will you be carrying? grin This sounds like the start of another "What would Canada do?" thread laugh Oh Can-a-da! Pistol Packin' Pete! Be afwaid, be vewy afwaid! Lions and tigers and Pete! Oh my!

Saturday morning, need more coffee. Bye Pete! grin
Jim

#271687 - 01/17/09 08:52 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: petercorbett]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

It sure is easier to blame him, rather than those FOR LIFE senators/congressmen. We should have gotten rid of them, they have been there too long, it's about time that they get a REAL JOB, working for OUR wages.

Senate and Congressional terms are two years, I believe. The only reason reps stay in there forever is that people keep re-electing them every other year.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#271695 - 01/17/09 10:41 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: melliferal]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Farewell MY BELOVED PRESIDENT BUSH! Thank you for recognizing the loss of a piece of my heart - my childhood friend who saved my life twice - Karen Martin - Lead Flight Attendant on American Flt 11. You recognized her bravery for standing up to the evil-doers by blocking their way to the cockpit door and thus becoming the first casualty of the new war.

THANK YOU PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH for the vengeance delivered to the evil side.

THANK YOU PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH for keeping us safe all these years. I wish you well!

Job WELL DONE! **SALUTE**

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#271697 - 01/17/09 10:50 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Still]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Gobsmacked! That's all I got - Gobsmacked!!! It will never make sense to me that someone could be sad to see the puppet go.....

Edited by joelRT (01/17/09 10:51 AM)

#271700 - 01/17/09 11:00 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Still]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
Farewell MY BELOVED PRESIDENT BUSH! Thank you for recognizing the loss of a piece of my heart - my childhood friend who saved my life twice - Karen Martin - Lead Flight Attendant on American Flt 11. You recognized her bravery for standing up to the evil-doers by blocking their way to the cockpit door and thus becoming the first casualty of the new war.

THANK YOU PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH for the vengeance delivered to the evil side.

THANK YOU PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH for keeping us safe all these years. I wish you well!

Job WELL DONE! **SALUTE**

Amen. May God bless you richly for your dedication to your country and its people. And may you rest from labors well done, and turn a deaf ear to the meaningless criticisms from those who have no idea what you faced. I'm too am proud to be called "citizen" of a great country.

#271701 - 01/17/09 11:01 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: melliferal]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ummmmmm Peter? I certainly hope you don't think that I look any more favorably at the Democrats, (I'm not insulted because you probably didn't know hehe).

In the hope enlightening you, please read on.

Don't let your eyes glaze over, stick with me here. smile

It wasn't just the free market (those greedy bankers) that got us into this mess. No, it was the huge moral hazard of having artificially created money (inflationary printing) given to Freddie May and Mac (both government-created entities) which spurred all the mal-investment (easy money) that is now proving to have been unwise. This huge inflationary bubble was absolutely and totally the result of government intervention in the market place (led this last term by the Republicans but the Democrats are equally culpable and complicit in this)

I have never voted for a Republican or Democrat in over 20 years, with the notable exception of Ron Paul (R-TX), who ran for the Republican Nomination for President. He ran on the platform of sound money (ending the Federal Reserve Bank and re-establishing a commodity-backed currency), a non-interventionist foreign policy (if we're not meddling in the affairs of other nations, they won't have the motivations and incentives to come over here and attack us), getting the Federal Government out of welfare, eduction, and central-planning economic policies. What happened? The big-spending/statist Republican establishment figuratively spit in his face and consigned themselves to the love of big-government. Hence, the 10 TRILLION dollar debt that we now have. But I digress.

The reason that I speak so negatively about President Bush is because he never led us on the platform that he campaigned on (not that I believed him at the time). For example, I remember President Bush criticizing soon-to-be former President Clinton's intervention in the Balkans. Referring to the Balkan Bombing Campaign, he SAID, and I REMEMBER him saying in a campaign speech that he would not pursue a policy of "Nation-Building". Anyone remember that? He said that he was a fiscal conservative, over and over again he said that. So what did he do after getting elected? Oh, he signed the most fiscally irresponsible piece of legislation ever created, known as the Pre>

#271707 - 01/17/09 11:56 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Hauser]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Warm, FRIENDLY greetings to all. Sure is nice living in a democracy, HUH?
No I ain't a democrat nor a republican, I am an independent. I vote for whom I think is best for the job.
Yes I remember the Balkins, and that my friend was GENOCIDE being purpetrated by one group against another. Being that I am an AHEM ........a senior citizen, I also remember WWII and the world turning a blind eye to Hitler, etc.

Now when I get back to TEXAS, I was planning on getting a big Chevrolet pickup truck, I was going down and buy a gunrack for the back window, then I was going to a shopping center/toy store and buy a couple of those plastic rifles to put on said gun rack, plus a lasso, so I could be a HONKEY RED NECK. But I was talked out of all of that by a friend of mine, who had reminded me that you better be careful as you just might meet someone who REALLY believes in road rage, and just might REALLY be packing some serious heat (guns). So for my Colorado, California and Canadian friends, I guess that I'll buy a Buick and just fit in, in my new surroundings.
This post just proves that religion & politics don't usually mix in open discussion. But in all seriousness I love you all and don't care who you vote or don't vote for in either country. Now if I could only give my farewell speech on my CSA that would be an accomplishment in its self. Heal well my brothers/friends.
Pete (Irishmoose)

Edited by petercorbett (01/17/09 11:57 AM)
Edit Reason: can't spell
Hope Springs, 2010.

#271709 - 01/17/09 01:08 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: joelRT]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Originally Posted By: joelRT
Gobsmacked! That's all I got - Gobsmacked!!! It will never make sense to me that someone could be sad to see the puppet go.....

Not sad to see him go. Just thankful for the good he has done. My children DO NOT KNOW FEAR OF TERROR. For that, I am thankful.

I'm greatly looking forward to see what President Obama brings to the table.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#271714 - 01/17/09 01:57 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Still]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

After the Republicans tried to blame those homebuyers who bought houses that they couldn't afford for our banking mess it was clear to me that they had lost all touch with reality. You know, if we were to add the total value of all of the bailouts and divide by the number of homeowners and renters in America, We could have instead given every homeowner $75,000 and given every renter $25,000, and that would have completely solved any economic crisis for at least a few years. The credit markets would have been freed-up and some people would have bought new cars or made other major purchases. But because the Republicans distrust the average American so much, the money was recklessly thrown at the banks instead, ignoring the fact that the crisis on Main St. is continuing to get worse. Studies have shown that there will likely be as many or more mortgage defaults because of ARMs resetting this year as last, plus there is a developing crisis in commercial real estate looming too, as vacancy rates have skyrocketed. Just in Dubya's 8 years, our national debt has doubled, and debt service is already becoming a genuine concern, even without this crisis continuing for any length of time. Imagining the worst-case scenario, just debt-service will exceed the current Federal budget by the end of the coming decade, just as I am approaching retirement age.

When the Detroit Lions went 0-16 this year, or the Denver Broncos failed to make the playoffs after having an 8-5 record with 3 games to go, who got blamed, the players or the coach? Yes, 9/11 wasn't Dubya's fault even though intelligence reports were ignored beforehand. And Iraq wasn't Dubya's fault even though our intelligence was faked beforehand and critics like Valerie Plame's husband were illegally silenced by key administration figures (and Ms Plame's contacts likely had to go into hiding or were killed). And it wasn't Dubya's fault that our Treasury Dept quit reporting the growth of M3 during Dubya's Presidency and at the same time they started increasing the money supply at a very high rate, which made all of this cheap and reckless credit and irresponsible lending and buying available in the first place, or was it? In fact there are many dozens of questions like these that will have to be sorted through after our next President takes office.

I hate to say it, but Dubya and his cronies may yet join Herbert Hoover in the the doghouse of worst Presidents ever yet. Thank God that old "rubberstamp" himself and his petite friend from Alaska were sent packing. Just a couple more days and the nightmare of the last 8 years will be over, with nothing to show for it but an economic crisis that could last for generations, with millions more Americans out of work or facing foreclosure and the loss of their retirement assets plus a doubling of poverty here at home, and the greatly diminished respect of our friends and allies around the world, with American troops bogged-down in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

Keep your fingers crossed, and try to hang on, help is on the way!!!

Mark

#271724 - 01/17/09 03:31 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Trucker51]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Fear not, for change is on the way.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#271751 - 01/17/09 07:06 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: joelRT]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

smile Just a note here asking all of you to remain civil to each other in spite of the personal views being expressed on this topic. Thanks smile

#271756 - 01/17/09 08:28 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: WalkingSouth]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Don't be lame John, let's hear your opinion too!

#271763 - 01/17/09 10:34 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Hauser]
michael banks Offline

Guys,

Have we found those weapons of mass destruction yet or were they just a figment of old georgie boys over active imagnation?
I wonder if old Bin laden has to go thru a metal detector everytime he flies home,goes to the hospital or the courthouse.
I use to go home every year to see my family back in N.C. but now it is such a hassle just to get to the plane that I think I just stay home.

I sure wish I could see one thing in life today that is better off than before old georgie boy stole the election in 1990.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#271768 - 01/17/09 11:07 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: michael banks]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I am just so happy and filled with hope for our 44th president, I sure hope he is the change that he speaks of. I hope that the future is nothing like the last 8 years. I know I will be doing this Tuesday smile

lots of love, Nathan

#271789 - 01/18/09 10:02 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Nathan LaChine]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Mark,
On one thing you that you are wrong on is on our greatly diminished RESPECT, around the world. I'll beg to differ with you on that point. I will defend your right to your opinion. However, as an AMERICAN living here in Europe and Germany inparticular, maybe the current leaders over here have diminished RESPECT, but when I drive by the US Consulate in nearby Frankfurt, Germany, and it has been 10 degrees cold farenheit -18grad celcius. There is a very long line of people waiting to get into our consulate, to go to AMERICA. Cubans risk their lives almost daily to come to AMERICA, forget about those millions of Mexicans who come to AMERICA. Why ARE THEY coming? Streets lined with GOLD? Nope. Because GWB was president? Nope. Because Jefferson C.. whats his name got a BJ under the presidents desk? Nope We always were and still are respected by the common ordinary joe here in Europe. And most of the formerly Warsaw pact, Eastern Europe (read communist, RUSSIAN) controled nations/people still RESPECT AMERICA. Quit listning to CNN, and quit believing everything NEGATIVE that the news media feeds you. With all due respect Mark. Heal well my brothers/friends.
Pete (Irishmoose)

Hope Springs, 2010.

#271807 - 01/18/09 01:22 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Nathan LaChine]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
If he would have thought more and talked less he might have looked better. Most of what went out of his mouth was not bright. The wars were both handled poorly and not exicuted well.
Someone put two planes into a building so he did what he thought was the right thing. The expense of the war in iraq has put us into deep debt, and more thought put into the war might have helped us get out sooner. And the words the searge is working, how do we know very little is shown to us about the progress.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#271859 - 01/18/09 09:22 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: petercorbett]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Mark,
On one thing you that you are wrong on is on our greatly diminished RESPECT, around the world. I'll beg to differ with you on that point. I will defend your right to your opinion. However, as an AMERICAN living here in Europe and Germany inparticular, maybe the current leaders over here have diminished RESPECT, but when I drive by the US Consulate in nearby Frankfurt, Germany, and it has been 10 degrees cold farenheit -18grad celcius. There is a very long line of people waiting to get into our consulate, to go to AMERICA. Cubans risk their lives almost daily to come to AMERICA, forget about those millions of Mexicans who come to AMERICA. Why ARE THEY coming? Streets lined with GOLD? Nope. Because GWB was president? Nope. Because Jefferson C.. whats his name got a BJ under the presidents desk? Nope We always were and still are respected by the common ordinary joe here in Europe. And most of the formerly Warsaw pact, Eastern Europe (read communist, RUSSIAN) controled nations/people still RESPECT AMERICA. Quit listning to CNN, and quit believing everything NEGATIVE that the news media feeds you. With all due respect Mark. Heal well my brothers/friends.
Pete (Irishmoose)

Unfortunately it is those leaders, and not the average joe over there, that dictate those nations' policy. Said policies can either make things easier or tougher for our own country; without the leaders' respect, policies that make things easier for us will become less common and more expensive.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#272111 - 01/21/09 12:40 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: melliferal]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I found this little thing on Youtube about our former President:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDhSa2NxYc&NR=1

And we allowed this guy to run the world???

#272157 - 01/21/09 10:05 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Trucker51]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes Mark, WE DID allow this GUY to try and straighten out this world. In FACT WE (the American people) VOTED to allow HIM to Run the "world" TWICE.
Wish Obama well in his trying>
Heal well my friends/brothers.
Pete (Irishmoose)

Hope Springs, 2010.

#272159 - 01/21/09 10:13 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Trucker51]
HurtinginMD Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cranston, RI
OMG!!!!! I'm sorry but i've got to throw in my two cents!!!

You want to criticize Bush over a turkey bowling incident!!!!!! My God...how lame can Bush bashers get!!!!!

As a black man I would rather have a president who turkey bowls then one who's mentor was J. William Fulbright (a known segragationalist, Bill Clintons mentor). Bill Clinton is 27 years older than Monica Lewinsky...... He is the Perp in chief. Yet people want to praise him and bash Bush.

As far as Bush and his speaking abilities......let's take away Barack's teleprompter and see how good he does.... oh wait we already have and it sounds like this ..... uhh....ummmm....well...well...uhhh

Regarding WMDs..... Bush did not say that they were never there he said "We did not find WMDs in Iraq" There is a big difference. You want to know about WMDs just look here

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48827

I for one will miss the safety that George W. Bush provided for this nation and my three small children. Dubya you will always be my president.

All Obama supporters get ready for the influx of terrorist into this nation when Gitmo is closed and liberal judges release them into our streets because they were never Mirandized on the battlefield.

respectfully

DB

#272168 - 01/21/09 11:01 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: HurtinginMD]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada
My American brothers.

I do enjoy this thread :-) having grown up with my neighbor to the south it has often been a love hate comparison game for me. Familiarity breeds contempt ??? Regardless, I am blessed to have been born on this continent --IMHO where the greatest freedom and liberty on the planet exists--. Being able to freely voice our thoughts and ideas without being locked up as malcontents. Regardless of what political divisiveness there may be, when the chips are down we all pull together to protect those freedoms that we cherish, and oft forget about. When I watch your elections I see a political split nearly down the middle... it looks negative, just like the fact that the last 3 Canadian elections have resulted in minority governments. These are things that cannot happen without individual freedoms.

Well, I am about to ramble --or already have--... Just know, that we've got it good, and ya we screw up. c'est la vie, I'm in for the long haul, and am hopeful that the new administration works with swift and prudent hands.

Love always, Wes

Edited by wes-b (01/21/09 11:02 AM)
Edit Reason: bad spellers of the world "Untie"

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#272176 - 01/21/09 11:46 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: wes-b]
michael banks Offline

WES,

Here,Here and well said my friend.

Mike

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.