Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, susie), 14 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63551 Topics
444008 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#271700 - 01/17/09 11:00 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Still]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
Farewell MY BELOVED PRESIDENT BUSH! Thank you for recognizing the loss of a piece of my heart - my childhood friend who saved my life twice - Karen Martin - Lead Flight Attendant on American Flt 11. You recognized her bravery for standing up to the evil-doers by blocking their way to the cockpit door and thus becoming the first casualty of the new war.

THANK YOU PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH for the vengeance delivered to the evil side.

THANK YOU PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH for keeping us safe all these years. I wish you well!

Job WELL DONE! **SALUTE**

Amen. May God bless you richly for your dedication to your country and its people. And may you rest from labors well done, and turn a deaf ear to the meaningless criticisms from those who have no idea what you faced. I'm too am proud to be called "citizen" of a great country.

#271701 - 01/17/09 11:01 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: melliferal]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Ummmmmm Peter? I certainly hope you don't think that I look any more favorably at the Democrats, (I'm not insulted because you probably didn't know hehe).

In the hope enlightening you, please read on.

Don't let your eyes glaze over, stick with me here. smile

It wasn't just the free market (those greedy bankers) that got us into this mess. No, it was the huge moral hazard of having artificially created money (inflationary printing) given to Freddie May and Mac (both government-created entities) which spurred all the mal-investment (easy money) that is now proving to have been unwise. This huge inflationary bubble was absolutely and totally the result of government intervention in the market place (led this last term by the Republicans but the Democrats are equally culpable and complicit in this)

I have never voted for a Republican or Democrat in over 20 years, with the notable exception of Ron Paul (R-TX), who ran for the Republican Nomination for President. He ran on the platform of sound money (ending the Federal Reserve Bank and re-establishing a commodity-backed currency), a non-interventionist foreign policy (if we're not meddling in the affairs of other nations, they won't have the motivations and incentives to come over here and attack us), getting the Federal Government out of welfare, eduction, and central-planning economic policies. What happened? The big-spending/statist Republican establishment figuratively spit in his face and consigned themselves to the love of big-government. Hence, the 10 TRILLION dollar debt that we now have. But I digress.

The reason that I speak so negatively about President Bush is because he never led us on the platform that he campaigned on (not that I believed him at the time). For example, I remember President Bush criticizing soon-to-be former President Clinton's intervention in the Balkans. Referring to the Balkan Bombing Campaign, he SAID, and I REMEMBER him saying in a campaign speech that he would not pursue a policy of "Nation-Building". Anyone remember that? He said that he was a fiscal conservative, over and over again he said that. So what did he do after getting elected? Oh, he signed the most fiscally irresponsible piece of legislation ever created, known as the Pre>

#271707 - 01/17/09 11:56 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Hauser]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Warm, FRIENDLY greetings to all. Sure is nice living in a democracy, HUH?
No I ain't a democrat nor a republican, I am an independent. I vote for whom I think is best for the job.
Yes I remember the Balkins, and that my friend was GENOCIDE being purpetrated by one group against another. Being that I am an AHEM ........a senior citizen, I also remember WWII and the world turning a blind eye to Hitler, etc.

Now when I get back to TEXAS, I was planning on getting a big Chevrolet pickup truck, I was going down and buy a gunrack for the back window, then I was going to a shopping center/toy store and buy a couple of those plastic rifles to put on said gun rack, plus a lasso, so I could be a HONKEY RED NECK. But I was talked out of all of that by a friend of mine, who had reminded me that you better be careful as you just might meet someone who REALLY believes in road rage, and just might REALLY be packing some serious heat (guns). So for my Colorado, California and Canadian friends, I guess that I'll buy a Buick and just fit in, in my new surroundings.
This post just proves that religion & politics don't usually mix in open discussion. But in all seriousness I love you all and don't care who you vote or don't vote for in either country. Now if I could only give my farewell speech on my CSA that would be an accomplishment in its self. Heal well my brothers/friends.
Pete (Irishmoose)

Edited by petercorbett (01/17/09 11:57 AM)
Edit Reason: can't spell
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#271709 - 01/17/09 01:08 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: joelRT]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: joelRT
Gobsmacked! That's all I got - Gobsmacked!!! It will never make sense to me that someone could be sad to see the puppet go.....

Not sad to see him go. Just thankful for the good he has done. My children DO NOT KNOW FEAR OF TERROR. For that, I am thankful.

I'm greatly looking forward to see what President Obama brings to the table.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#271714 - 01/17/09 01:57 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Still]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

After the Republicans tried to blame those homebuyers who bought houses that they couldn't afford for our banking mess it was clear to me that they had lost all touch with reality. You know, if we were to add the total value of all of the bailouts and divide by the number of homeowners and renters in America, We could have instead given every homeowner $75,000 and given every renter $25,000, and that would have completely solved any economic crisis for at least a few years. The credit markets would have been freed-up and some people would have bought new cars or made other major purchases. But because the Republicans distrust the average American so much, the money was recklessly thrown at the banks instead, ignoring the fact that the crisis on Main St. is continuing to get worse. Studies have shown that there will likely be as many or more mortgage defaults because of ARMs resetting this year as last, plus there is a developing crisis in commercial real estate looming too, as vacancy rates have skyrocketed. Just in Dubya's 8 years, our national debt has doubled, and debt service is already becoming a genuine concern, even without this crisis continuing for any length of time. Imagining the worst-case scenario, just debt-service will exceed the current Federal budget by the end of the coming decade, just as I am approaching retirement age.

When the Detroit Lions went 0-16 this year, or the Denver Broncos failed to make the playoffs after having an 8-5 record with 3 games to go, who got blamed, the players or the coach? Yes, 9/11 wasn't Dubya's fault even though intelligence reports were ignored beforehand. And Iraq wasn't Dubya's fault even though our intelligence was faked beforehand and critics like Valerie Plame's husband were illegally silenced by key administration figures (and Ms Plame's contacts likely had to go into hiding or were killed). And it wasn't Dubya's fault that our Treasury Dept quit reporting the growth of M3 during Dubya's Presidency and at the same time they started increasing the money supply at a very high rate, which made all of this cheap and reckless credit and irresponsible lending and buying available in the first place, or was it? In fact there are many dozens of questions like these that will have to be sorted through after our next President takes office.

I hate to say it, but Dubya and his cronies may yet join Herbert Hoover in the the doghouse of worst Presidents ever yet. Thank God that old "rubberstamp" himself and his petite friend from Alaska were sent packing. Just a couple more days and the nightmare of the last 8 years will be over, with nothing to show for it but an economic crisis that could last for generations, with millions more Americans out of work or facing foreclosure and the loss of their retirement assets plus a doubling of poverty here at home, and the greatly diminished respect of our friends and allies around the world, with American troops bogged-down in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

Keep your fingers crossed, and try to hang on, help is on the way!!!

Mark

#271724 - 01/17/09 03:31 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Trucker51]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Fear not, for change is on the way.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#271751 - 01/17/09 07:06 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: joelRT]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

smile Just a note here asking all of you to remain civil to each other in spite of the personal views being expressed on this topic. Thanks smile

#271756 - 01/17/09 08:28 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: WalkingSouth]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

Don't be lame John, let's hear your opinion too!

#271763 - 01/17/09 10:34 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Hauser]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Guys,

Have we found those weapons of mass destruction yet or were they just a figment of old georgie boys over active imagnation?
I wonder if old Bin laden has to go thru a metal detector everytime he flies home,goes to the hospital or the courthouse.
I use to go home every year to see my family back in N.C. but now it is such a hassle just to get to the plane that I think I just stay home.

I sure wish I could see one thing in life today that is better off than before old georgie boy stole the election in 1990.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#271768 - 01/17/09 11:07 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: michael banks]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I am just so happy and filled with hope for our 44th president, I sure hope he is the change that he speaks of. I hope that the future is nothing like the last 8 years. I know I will be doing this Tuesday smile

lots of love, Nathan

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.