Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (watzupwitu, Tarobuns108, fhorns), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443109 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#271418 - 01/15/09 10:54 AM Re: Is Horny an Emotion? Potential Trigger [Re: Geeders]
AndyS87 Offline

Loc: sorry, but I don't say on the ...
HAHAHA! DSB. That's great, goes right up there with the NRB, no reason boner.

#271420 - 01/15/09 11:27 AM Re: Is Horny an Emotion? Potential Trigger [Re: Geeders]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Geeders
I think what I am trying to undertsand is that anticipatory feeling, prior to the stimulation. That feeling that you want or need to touch, or be touched, prior to having a focus of stimulation, be it with someone else or yourself. That longing feeling of an anticipated release, ahead of actually getting a release, or being aroused or stimulated. Does this make any sense?

... trapped in isolation with no key to open the door and let anyone in to even touch me - much less draw stronger feelings ...

#271425 - 01/15/09 11:44 AM Re: Is Horny an Emotion? Potential Trigger [Re: MarkK]
AndyS87 Offline

Loc: sorry, but I don't say on the ...
I think I know what you're talking about Geeders, but I have absolutely no idea how to put that feeling into words. It's kinda like you're looking forward to whats about to happen so much that you get yourself all worked up for it until the point where you can't take it anymore and you'd give anything to get to the release? Is that what you're getting at?

#271426 - 01/15/09 11:57 AM Re: Is Horny an Emotion? Potential Trigger [Re: MarkK]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

Hey Brothers :-)

I concur with an earlier statement that horny is a state... to me it is closely related to lustfulness, it is wanting a release. Horny is the state that has most often been about my misconnection. I have spent the majority of my adult life disconnected from my emotions. I heard Patrick Carnes speak about confusing fear with arousal and my head snapped back. soo much of my life has been driven by a misconnect of emotions driving me to arousal... wanting a ejaculatory release to numb the underlying pain in my soul.

For me Horny, unless I know my arousal to be linked to an expression of love, is about numbing my emotions to escape from my pain. I can no longer trust when I am horny it is a red flag that tells me to "lean into my pain" and work my program of recovery.

Love you all, Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#271454 - 01/15/09 03:39 PM Re: Is Horny an Emotion? Potential Trigger [Re: Geeders]
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
I feel horny driving my car sometimes, and then I may see or read something that makes me feel horny. I don’t get an erection I don’t want emotion or necessarily have sex I just feel horny, then it passes. Sometimes I get aroused and part of that arousal is hornynes. Other times I just want to get off and I don’t see that as horny. So yes I agree horny is a feeling.

Dusty

#271457 - 01/15/09 04:09 PM Re: Is Horny an Emotion? Potential Trigger [Re: Geeders]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
jim for me horniness is definitely a brain chemistry thing.

i think someone else got my share of testosterone, so i don't feel the effect of the build up unless a lot of time passes in between sexual activities.

arousal happens when hormones and fantasy or realtime 3d contact conspire.

ron

#271461 - 01/15/09 04:34 PM Re: Is Horny an Emotion? Potential Trigger [Re: Sans Logos]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA

When I was a kid I was learning to play the horn. That is, one made out of brass with a mouthpiece on one end and a bell on the other.

I really enjoyed the sound of my instrument as I heard it on the radio. When a piece of music had a lot of good horn playing in it, I called it "horny". I was describing a horny piece to someone. My sister overheard and got word back to me that "horny" was not the right word to use.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#271464 - 01/15/09 05:17 PM Re: Is Horny an Emotion? Potential Trigger [Re: pufferfish]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

Allen;

may you be richly blessed... you brought a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. you often do this big Brother.

from the heart, Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#271487 - 01/15/09 08:29 PM Re: Is Horny an Emotion? Potential Trigger [Re: Geeders]
dan_in_newengland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Mass
ok, my take for what it is worth
Horny is a feeling
Arousal is a physical state
desire is an emotion
the desire to connect physical, that is normal
they all intertwine

Just my opinion.
Dan

#271693 - 01/17/09 10:11 AM Re: Is Horny an Emotion? Potential Trigger [Re: Dusty Boy]
MichaeldR Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Dear friends:

Horny (correctly: libidinous) is a feeling of wanting to get sexual release, by myself or with someone else.

Sometimes I just want to be near people or one special person. I call that Yearning.

Regards,

Mike

My mantras:

Easy Does I - - - - - - Là où il y a la vie il y a l'espoir.
One Day At A Time - - - Là où il y a l'espoir: la vie.
First Things First- - - Where there's life there's hope.
LIVE and Let Live - - - Where there is hope: life.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.