Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
5 registered (Logan, aniceguy, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64017 Topics
446770 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#271393 - 01/15/09 07:19 AM removing all crosses from Federal property...
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am removing myself from this topic as it has been moved...

Dave

Edited by ttoon (01/16/09 08:34 AM)
Edit Reason: stupidity

#271398 - 01/15/09 08:27 AM Re: removing all crosses from Federal property... [Re: ttoon]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
cross or crucifix? i've heard of rules to remove crucifixes from certain establisments before but never crosses

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#271471 - 01/15/09 07:03 PM Re: removing all crosses from Federal property... [Re: king tut]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Oh, people here pick on ordinary crosses too. So if one wishes to visibly express their favorites methods of Roman execution, they are out of luck.

wink

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#271475 - 01/15/09 07:30 PM Re: removing all crosses from Federal property... [Re: FormerTexan]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

What an unimportant issue!!! I mean, this REALLY affects the quality of my life, you know? I rank this in the same category of importance as when South Corolina was embroiled with the controversy of whether or not they should still be flying the Confederate Flag from the state capitol building. In other words, WHO CARES?

Nevermind that hyper-inflation is probably on it's way or the next depression is about to start or that more than 2 million Americans are in prison right now or that we're all soon to be required to carry identity cards in public etc etc etc...........

#271488 - 01/15/09 08:38 PM Re: removing all crosses from Federal property... [Re: Hauser]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
When prayer was taken out of Schools..That and the cross issue are both important ..What will be next?
as for the ID issue I for one thank that is a good idea

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#271496 - 01/15/09 09:14 PM Re: removing all crosses from Federal property... [Re: wojax]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
So..............

"Your Papers Please"

Are you serious?

If we're lost out freedom to travel anonymously in this country, then the terrorists have already won.

Please elaborate if you're going to make the claim that loosing a freedom is a good idea.

(I don't mean to divert your topic Dave, I'm just going with how I feel about it. For what it's worth, I see absolutely nothing wrong with having historically/culturally signifigant religious symbols displayed on Government property)

#271498 - 01/15/09 09:21 PM Re: removing all crosses from Federal property... [Re: wojax]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: wojax
When prayer was taken out of Schools..That and the cross issue are both important ..What will be next?
as for the ID issue I for one thank that is a good idea

The current economic conundrums may lead to a new method of currency. A universal identity system may come. Everybody may have to have an ID number under their skin but visible with scanning equipment.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#271557 - 01/16/09 11:21 AM Re: removing all crosses from Federal property... [Re: Hauser]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Hauser

(I don't mean to divert your topic Dave, I'm just going with how I feel about it. For what it's worth, I see absolutely nothing wrong with having historically/culturally signifigant religious symbols displayed on Government property)

Alan,

laugh

That was the point and purpose of the post and why it was relevant and should have been left where it was...

As any survivor knows, without our history...we tend to make the same errors over and over...as the person who moved the post has proven.

laugh

Dave

#271583 - 01/16/09 02:44 PM Re: removing all crosses from Federal property... [Re: ttoon]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

For me this speaks to tolerance... and in the interest of appearing inclusive I see our institutions building division in cases such as this.

This Ben Franklin quote seems relevant.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.