Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
2 registered (Hopein14, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441739 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#270828 - 01/11/09 03:30 PM Re: new member [Re: WalkingSouth]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Brian,

Welcome to MS. You are brave to face this stuff. I'll only speak from my own experiences, but running did not work. When I ran I slowly fell apart. As I face things I gain strength and a better understanding of who I am and why certain things happened the way they did in my life. As painful as facing this stuff is, it has been much better than trying to pretend it didn't happen (where really it is just lurking in the shadows anyway doing its damage). You will find a lot of understanding guys here on this site who can relate to what you are going through. Take a look around and share more when you are ready. Again, welcome.

Eric

#270918 - 01/12/09 01:10 AM Re: new member [Re: ericc]
sula Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Although it took me a while to post something, I think the much greater challenge for me is in sticking with it, especially to 'keep it real' and continue sharing what is really happening without minimizing or denying what I'm feeling.

I can't promise anything, but I'll give it a shot. It is hard to put into a few words what I feel right now and what I've been through to get here...

I guess what comes to mind first is how many things I've tried in the last 15 years (since a suicide attempt in my early twenties) and not wanting what I am doing now (i.e. with MS and CSA recovery) to result in the same feelings of loss, disappointment and confusion.

I miss the communities I've been so invloved in previously, and I also fully recognize they are not right for me now...and I need something!

Brian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.