Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63587 Topics
444230 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#270521 - 01/09/09 12:17 PM Interview on WLIW21 this Sunday
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
I was interviewed for a feature on WLIW21, the Long Island PBS station that is broadcast on Channel 21 on many cable stations in New York City.

The feature is part of the Healthy Minds series. Its title is Recovering from Abuse, and it features the personal story of NY1 journalist Dominic Carter's personal story as well as discussions of treatment; healing; the importance of education and community awareness of child abuse and neglect; and how to recognize the physical and behavioral indicators.

It will be broadcast this Sunday, January 11, at 9:30 am and repeated a week later on Tuesday, January 20th, at 10:30 pm.

I don't know how long the segment with me will run, though they interviewed me for quite a long time last summer.

I did notice that they placed this website on their website as a resource.

#270524 - 01/09/09 12:39 PM Re: Interview on WLIW21 this Sunday [Re: Richard Gartner, PhD]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
thanks for the heads up richard

ron

#270596 - 01/09/09 09:27 PM Re: Interview on WLIW21 this Sunday [Re: Sans Logos]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Hey look,

That's the picture of the guy that wrote, Beyond Betrayal.

No seriously...that's him...!!!

I just would to say, awesome book dude...!!! For sure, one of my favorites.

The dissociation/association comparison was brilliant...!!!

I'm interested, but looks like I'm going miss this interview though. I gotta wicked cool antenna...but New York is a stretch.

Is this series going to be published? (will it available in cd format at the library or accessible with computer?).

Radiant Abyss (Leaderdogs)

island

#271362 - 01/14/09 10:14 PM Re: Interview on WLIW21 this Sunday [Re: Richard Gartner, PhD]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Richard Gartner, PhD
I did notice that they placed this website on their website as a resource.

FYI The link provided does not point to MS. In fact, it points to Cold Spring Harbour laboratory. Perhaps someone more local might point this out to the station? Here's the link to the page with the incorrect link. http://www.wliw.org/healthyminds/
Look for January 11th.

Jim

#272187 - 01/21/09 12:41 PM Re: Interview on WLIW21 this Sunday [Re: Geeders]
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for letting me know, Jim. I wrote the producer and hopefully this will be corrected.

And thanks for that great feedback, Island!

RG

#272210 - 01/21/09 05:27 PM Re: Interview on WLIW21 this Sunday [Re: Richard Gartner, PhD]
Past President
MaleSurvivor

I emailed the producers and it is now fixed. They were grateful to be told about the problem.

#272212 - 01/21/09 05:39 PM Re: Interview on WLIW21 this Sunday [Re: Richard Gartner, PhD]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Richard Gartner, PhD
I was interviewed for a feature on WLIW21, the Long Island PBS station that is broadcast on Channel 21 on many cable stations in New York City.

The feature is part of the Healthy Minds series. Its title is Recovering from Abuse, and it features the personal story of NY1 journalist Dominic Carter's personal story as well as discussions of treatment; healing; the importance of education and community awareness of child abuse and neglect; and how to recognize the physical and behavioral indicators.

It will be broadcast this Sunday, January 11, at 9:30 am and repeated a week later on Tuesday, January 20th, at 10:30 pm.

This is really good. It will help us all. Thank you.

Periodically I hear a broadcast on National Public Radio's Talk of the Nation which I would like to respond to in behalf of CSA survivors. But my voice shakes when I do something like that and it would be better if somebody else could do it. Who out there has a steady voice under pressure?

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.