Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (woodenshoes, Obi, don64, TJ jeff, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442209 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#270208 - 01/07/09 08:49 AM i need help!
feelthefunk Offline

just need some open minded people to talk to, I am so uncertain of my sexuality, heres the deal, Ive only ever had a few girlfriends and we never did anything,Ive never been serious enough with anyone to have sex, but i have loads of friends that are girls. I often fantasise of having relationships awith girls, and having sex. Heres the problem last year I started to find my 2 best friends attractive and their guys, weve always had an inside joke about being gay together. Then I really started to think about it, and found that I began to imagine having relationships and sex with guys aswell, anyone else go thorugh something similar? what am I?

Edited by feelthefunk (01/07/09 09:00 AM)

#270210 - 01/07/09 09:05 AM Re: i need help! [Re: feelthefunk]
nathan555 Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi
you could be simply fantacising - allowing thoughts to develop

could it be an emotional attachment that is souring because of the jokes as its trendy to joke about?

you said you have had girlfriends - you might not have had sex because or morals or self restraint

try the same self restraint with your friend
and take care what you joke about

hope this helps

Nathan

#270221 - 01/07/09 10:15 AM Re: i need help! [Re: feelthefunk]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Hi,

Welcome to MS my friend. May you too find here the support and the understanding that you need. Most of us do!

In regards to your dilema there are no easy or simple answers. Sexuality is something that is very unique to each of us and for survivors of CSA our sexuality is often very confused. In this you are soooo not alone.

You've had girlfriends but did you have a true desire to have a sexual realationship with any of them and were simply held back due to issues caused by your CSA?

Are you Gay, Homosexual, Queer??? There is a difference between all three. Are you Heterosexual or only feel that you should be??

These are questions that will only answer themselves as you journey through your own unique recovery process. Once you start addressing the impacts of what was done to you as a child, once you look seriously at how those past events have shaped your ideas and attitiudes about sex you will begin to better know what sexuality fits you.

#270226 - 01/07/09 11:01 AM Re: i need help! [Re: joelRT]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada
Welcome to MS -feelthefunk-

Joel nails it that you are soooo not alone... I didn't have any clarity on my sexual identity until I was married for almost 20 years. It is soo common for CSA/incest survivors to struggle with sexual identity issues and only when I begin to heal and recover did my sexual identity begin to clarify.

I wish you much success on your journey.

Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.