Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (kcinohio, finallyhere, tbkkfile), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63802 Topics
445527 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#269977 - 01/05/09 05:31 PM I learned something new today, feel free to laugh
AndyS87 Offline

Loc: sorry, but I don't say on the ...
Well recently I pulled a muscle in my groin at a karate class. For all of you folks out there, I am offering some advice that maybe should have been common sense, but of well. Anyways, let it be known that one should NOT apply tiger balm, icy hot, bengay or any other type of cold/heat treatment to any area near your groin. Just don't do it. That is all.

#269980 - 01/05/09 06:03 PM Re: I learned something new today, feel free to laugh [Re: AndyS87]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Andy,

Ohhhhh, yea, laugh I remember the "Right Guard Wars" in the locker room after swimming practice. They were brutal.

I never had a reaction to poison ivy as a kid, ever. Even walking through it barefoot. But found out the hard way that I gained that sensitvity as an adult...after pulling some out...it was NOT good...the oils linger on your hands. shocked

laugh

Dave

#269981 - 01/05/09 06:15 PM Re: I learned something new today, feel free to laugh [Re: AndyS87]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
it hurts just thinking about it!

shocked

#269983 - 01/05/09 06:21 PM Re: I learned something new today, feel free to laugh [Re: Sans Logos]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

LMAO !!!

Been there done that refused the damned T-shirt!!!

I can almost feel again it just thinking about it. Resist the temptations to try and reduce the discomfort through adding other stuff to it... My attempts to lessen the affects did nothing of the sort.

Take care my brother, and sorry for laughing...

Love Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#269997 - 01/05/09 08:12 PM Re: I learned something new today, feel free to laugh [Re: AndyS87]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Would never have considered it, don't know why you did laugh

Just please don't ask me how I NOW know not to apply Vicks vapo rub to said region - no seriously, please don't ask.......

But real bitch of it is that once applied, it can't be washed off - only makes it worse. Oh, the things boys get up to!

#270008 - 01/05/09 09:12 PM Re: I learned something new today, feel free to laugh [Re: joelRT]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
ok, more......

my son chris and i went the other day to grab a bite to eat. i love buffalo wings and the hotter the better. immediately below the menu item was printed a caution: 'please wash hands before AND after using the restroom'..... it took me a moment to 'get it' [i can be ditzy at times] but later when i excused myself to use the restroom, chris reminded me of the warning .....needless to say the meaning hit up side the head like a brick bat. those wings were very hot. the kinda hot that if you touched your face, your eyes would begin tearing immediately. boy am i glad he reminded me......

ouch!
eek
ron

#270015 - 01/05/09 10:24 PM Re: I learned something new today, feel free to laugh [Re: Sans Logos]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
I wanna be wise like that - take sound advice before I regret my actions!

#270046 - 01/06/09 12:28 AM Re: I learned something new today, feel free to laugh [Re: joelRT]
AndyS87 Offline

Toon I got a GREAT poison ivy story for you. From age 4-14 my family went and stayed on Martha's Vineyard for a few weeks every summer. One year, I think I was maybe 9, I was out rollerblading (who the hell rollerSKATES? rollerBLADES man. All the cool kids are calling em that) and as I was on my way down the driveway I fell into this pricker bush. No big deal right? The next morning I woke up and was literally COVERED head to toe in the stuff. There were plant oils somewhere in those bushes, and the oils got into my blood and I got a systemic case. First case of poison ivy EVER.

Now salt water happens to be a great treatment for poison ivy, but my Dad with his infinite sense of humor (I no joke aspire to one day be as much of a smart ass as he is, I try now but he just puts me to shame, he's good) decided that it would be a GREAT opportunity since my sister and I were so bored to put on Jaws. Well, funny thing about Jaws is that it was filmed right there on the vineyard, and a lot of it was shot in Aquinnah, the town we stayed in. Needless to say, I didn't get back in that water again that vacation. Oooooohohoho the misery. It was bad. I used to itch in my sleep and wake up all bloody, it was a disaster. It was so bad I couldn't wear underwear either because not only was it all over my danger zone but it was also all the way up my thighs, so any kind of underpants would just make it worse. Beaches and sand. Afraid of water. It was torturous.

#270059 - 01/06/09 06:59 AM Re: I learned something new today, feel free to laugh [Re: AndyS87]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Andy,

Yea, I am definately going to do everything I can to stay away from it again...

Oh, and...any story that includes the word, "underpants" just cracks me up laugh laugh

Thanks!!!

Dave

#270069 - 01/06/09 09:48 AM Re: I learned something new today, feel free to laugh [Re: ttoon]
AndyS87 Offline

no problem, I posted that story to lighten things up a little bit if only momentarily.

Anyways, yeah good luck with that. I miraculously for the first time since that fateful summer did not get poison ivy last year, and I work summers as a camp counselor so I'm around it all the time. FYI, it doesn't grow anywhere else in the world except for North America. That in itself is enough to make me wanna move to Japan or Australia or something like that. Good treatment includes this stuff called Zanfel, which is so expensive you would think it was made by god's hand. It works pretty well for me though. That and if you get it again ask for betamethasone cream, it's a topically applied steroid cream and it work great, it's way better than having to take the pills, works faster, and doesn't compromise your immune system as much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.