Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 60 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438086 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#269976 - 01/05/09 05:30 PM I need help with a recommendation.
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I have been going through a pretty rough time lately and although this question has most likely been asked before, I really need some hep with this.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a book specifically for my parents, especially my Mom? She is really frightened with what I have been going through. She does not understand and keeps telling to "just let it go," and "put it behind you."

I think she believes that it is a quick fix type of thing.

I had a dissociative episode in front of her and I think she thinks that I am crazy--I don't blame her.

I have been have Nightmares every night for the past week or so. I don't think she believes me when I tell her that I feel Paralyzed with fear in the mourning and that it why I fear terrified get out of bed. I have also been have bad panic attacks and I feel like I am falling into a very deep depression and cannot for the life of me stop it. She keeps saying to me that I am being lazy, and that is NOT TRUE. I really want to function normally, I want to so badly, but the pain is almost unbearable. I am starting to get scared of going to sleep, the nightmares are SO intense, and its almost a garuntee that I will have one every night!

Please, any suggestions would be very helpful. I was thinking about letting her read a book like "Victims no longer." I just ordered it and have not read it my self yet. Even thought it is directed for survivors, maybe It could give her some insight about what I am going through and dealing with.

Please, I need help with this.

Sincerely,
Logan

-Blade Runner

#269979 - 01/05/09 05:53 PM Re: I need help with a recommendation. [Re: Logan]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Logan,

It is just me but, if you are seeing a therapist and, trust them, ask them about bringing your mother in, perhaps, for a visit to talk to them about what you are going through. Often times, when heard from a perceived "proffesional," a friend or family member gets a better grasp of what we are going through.

Talk it over with your therapist, decide whether it is right for you but, it could help relieve some of the anxiety you are both experiencing...you and, your mother.

:-)

Dave

#270001 - 01/05/09 08:44 PM Re: I need help with a recommendation. [Re: ttoon]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Thank you, Dave.

I think that would be helpful because she ALWAYS trusts what ever he says.

Yur, friend
Logan

-Blade Runner

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.