Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64190 Topics
447927 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#269677 - 01/02/09 08:09 AM Re: my sexuality? where do i fit in? [Re: JDrock]
nonchalant Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland, UK
Originally Posted By: JDrock
Nevragan - I think the true definition of gay is not being attracted to the opposite sex. Not finding men attractive.

Societal views of sexuality have varied throughout history. The Greeks are a fantastic example. Male homosexuality was commonplace and even encouraged to form bonds between soldiers but the Greek men still got married and had children and when they got some spare time they laid the groundwork of Western Civilisation!

To me, being gay means you have no desire for the opposite sex that goes beyond friendship, and although you may find them attractive you never feel attracted to them

Anything you feel for the same sex only makes you gay if you feel nothing for the opposite

#270298 - 01/07/09 09:37 PM Re: my sexuality? where do i fit in? [Re: PR524]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
Sorry about the delay in responses. I haven't been on the forum since Thanksgiving. I crashed and burned shortly after that. Everything I had been working on to fix in my past caught up to me and I bit off more that I could deal with. PTSD work isn't easy and will take you down if you don't watch for the red flags along the way. I ended up in the hospital for a week. Since all of this has happened, I really don't care what people think regarding my sexuality. I met a couple of people in the hospital that introduced a different way of thinking to me. They helped me without them knowing that I can just let it be. People know me as being straight. I still have that question in my mind but I have learned that whatever happens, happens so don't sweat it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.