Newest Members
Collin, MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett
12507 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (MissesMe, Still, iaccus, 3 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12507 Members
73 Forums
64178 Topics
448031 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#308383 - 10/27/09 11:53 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: EGL]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: EGL
The argument I've always heard within the church against masturbation is taken from Genesis, regarding the story of Onan. His brother died, so according to the law of the time he was required to sleep with his brother's wife in order to impregnate her and continue his brother's family line. However, Onan didn't want to impregnate her so he "spilled his seed on the ground". God was angry about this and struck him down. That "spilled his seed on the ground" could be taken a couple of different ways -- one is that he "pulled out" before orgasm and spilled it that way. Another is that he simply masturbated instead of having sex with her. Either way, Onan was exhibiting rebellion against God by his actions, which is the point of the story.

My own belief is as Mark stated above -- it depends upon the heart and mind at the time of the act.

After deep study, I came to the same conclusion. It is natural to masturbate imho. Yet only if our sexual fantasies are directed at someone other than our spouses does it become sin. Yet for many, there are no sexual fantasies present at all thus no sin.

#308384 - 10/27/09 11:55 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: Mike1968]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I think there is a place in Leviticus about if a man has an emission and there is no woman present he is simply to leave the camp temporaily and wash. That seems like MB to me.

R

#308385 - 10/28/09 12:00 AM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: Freedom49]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Freedom49
I think there is a place in Leviticus about if a man has an emission and there is no woman present he is simply to leave the camp temporaily and wash. That seems like MB to me.

R

Yes Freedom, thank God those Old Testament Laws were done away with.

#308398 - 10/28/09 01:32 AM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: Freedom49]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Freedom49

It would also include "wet dreams" (a dream where there is a seminal emission).

What might be bothersome: If a guy does MB or wet dream daily then he would leave the camp for a day. If he did it every day, then he couldn't return to camp (until he broke the habit). So would this make him an outcast? He would be perpetually out of the camp. Is this how you would take it? This could be a problem!!! frown

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#308406 - 10/28/09 02:54 AM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: pufferfish]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi guys,

I think Leviticus also tells you to stone your neighbor for shaving...

I'd think twice before following that one.

Ease up on yourselves guys!!!!!

sono

Edited by sono (10/28/09 02:54 AM)

#308412 - 10/28/09 07:13 AM Re: Masturbation and this thread [Re: pufferfish]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
Did we ever resolve this question?

i just wanted to say that imho this thread on masturbation IS masturbation. a perfect example indeed. whistle

all the best,

ron

#308477 - 10/28/09 10:24 PM Re: Masturbation and this thread [Re: Sans Logos]
mrd Offline

My brothers,

In response to Andy's original question burn w/ passion. 1st Thess 4:3-5 states that "For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you know how to possess his own vessel (body) in sanctification and honor, not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who don't know God; (NASB) To me this makes M a sin because for me it's a lustful passion. There are some who say that they can M w/out lustful passion and for them to me its not sin. I can't do that yet. Sex was formed for us to reproduce, not pleasure in, it is pleasurable too. We are to delight in the Lord not sex. We are in a fallen world were there is not one who is righteous. I had my sexuality/ mind crossed wired at a very young age which through me out wack more than I should have been. By God's grace I'm fighting back (rewiring). There are many more battles to fight and M is one of them. God has delivered me from more than I can mention ie. drugs, alcoholism,and denial that's just tips the iceberg. When I look deeply into my M I learn some lessons about my relationship w/ God that I need to improve on and he is improving me cause I'm trying. I Love God for what he does with us, if we close our minds he lets it close, but if we open them' infinity. He doesn't want any of us to parish, struggles like M are to bring us closer to Him. Family open your minds wider so to learn the painful lessons that produce a joyful life, its a lot BIGGER than we can see.

love u guys much
mrd
p.s. in the end God will judge my heart not any man, I'm so grateful He is given me a heart like His.

Edited by mrd (10/28/09 10:29 PM)

#308504 - 10/29/09 07:57 AM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: FormerTexan]
jls Offline

I think the position religion takes on masturbation or sex in general depends on the faith you belong to. Catholics, for example, are taught that sex is strictly for pro-creation while many evangelical Christians believe that sex is a gift from God that is meant to be enjoyed for its own sake within marriage. Not sure what stance Jews and Muslims take on the subject but I'd be interested to learn if anyone can enlighten me.

#308514 - 10/29/09 10:40 AM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: jls]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Song of Solomon certainly shows intimate affection, to be enjoyed without the procreation being the intent. Also someone posted that verse that says it is better to marry than to burn with lust so it serves a need outside of procreation. Some women are barren yet sexual relations is to be an expected part of marriage.

#308515 - 10/29/09 10:43 AM Re: Masturbation and this thread [Re: Sans Logos]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Sans Logos
Quote:
Did we ever resolve this question?

i just wanted to say that imho this thread on masturbation IS masturbation. a perfect example indeed. whistle

all the best,

ron

lighty! grin

Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.