Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63854 Topics
445856 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#268633 - 12/25/08 01:38 AM Partner with abuse history
Legolas Offline

Hi!

Recently I started dating a wonderful guy. He told me rather soon that he had been sexually abused as a child by a teenage girl and that it will take him a while before he feels safe with me, both when it comes to feelings and actual intercourse.

I would like to be able to understand him better as to how he feels and learn whether there is anything I could do to help him/us find the way. Would anyone be able to recommend any resources?

Thank you very much.

#269183 - 12/29/08 12:05 PM Re: Partner with abuse history [Re: Legolas]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Legolas, and welcome to the site. It's great that you are hear looking for ways to help your friend, as I'm sure he could use your support in this. There are several great resources in the way of books - the first I would recommend is Mike Lew's "Victims No Longer" and the second is Mic Hunter's "Abused Boys". Both are arguably the best texts out there on the subject of childhood sexual abuse of males. And I would also recommend that you read these, as well as your friend. There are sections regarding friends and families of the abused boy that give powerful insights into how all of this spills over to them as well.

Again, welcome to the site, and thanks for being there for your friend.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.