Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
8 registered (Bardo, bluesky, 5 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444491 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#268569 - 12/24/08 11:38 AM No longer feel shame, quite the opposite in fact
mrrecovery Offline

Ok, the shame is gone. I no longer think i was bad (shame = 'i was bad" while guilt = "I behaved badly")...I no longer think that people (women in particular) will view me negatively if they know about the abuse...quite the opposite, in fact. As crazy as it sounds, i feel superior...that i am REAL, that i have SURVIVED...what? you are upset because your neighbour hasn't cut his lawn? fuck you, i was sexually abused and tortured and lived through it (and other shit) to become highly successful, and more importantly, a good person.

I feel like the mutants in the X-Men...I feel myself referring to "civilians" (non-survivors) the same way they used to say "humans" with such disdain...i find myself wanting to socialize only with other survivors..i have started wearing my malesurvivor wristband (that i got at a weekend of recovery) and i have the urge to tell everyone that i am a SURVIVOR (no, not a victim)...most importantly, last night my therapist and i simultaneously came to the conclusion that i am losing my "victim" attitude and my "poor me" control mechanism (per the Celestine Prophecies).

I am a SURVIVOR.

mrrecovery

#268570 - 12/24/08 11:43 AM Re: No longer feel shame, quite the opposite in fact [Re: mrrecovery]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
yay you! mr grin

#268571 - 12/24/08 11:46 AM Re: No longer feel shame, quite the opposite in fact [Re: Sans Logos]
mrrecovery Offline

thank you!

#268584 - 12/24/08 02:02 PM Re: No longer feel shame, quite the opposite in fact [Re: mrrecovery]
GettingHealthy Offline

That is AWESOME! Right on man!

Your post really gave me hope for the future. I am beginning therapy Monday, and I think that is exactly what I needed to read.

Thanks for sharing! Congratulations!!

#268586 - 12/24/08 02:17 PM Re: No longer feel shame, quite the opposite in fact [Re: GettingHealthy]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Good to hear it. Keep up the good work. Eventually you will get to a point where what happened will not affect you or your future decisions, and you can feel good about yourself and move on without the hang-over of your past affecting your every move.

Hope to hear from you again. Keep your head up and have hope,

Mark

#268596 - 12/24/08 04:51 PM Re: No longer feel shame, quite the opposite in fact [Re: Trucker51]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
A ray of hope! Thanks!

#268609 - 12/24/08 09:39 PM Re: No longer feel shame, quite the opposite in fact [Re: mrrecovery]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
I'm looking down on you, you know why, with a great big, east, west grin grin. I'm on your right hand side, and I am SO happy for you!

Merry Christmas Mr. R. You're fantatstic!

Jim

#268613 - 12/24/08 09:49 PM Re: No longer feel shame, quite the opposite in fact [Re: Geeders]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi mr,

The shame is not yours anymore. Good you are at that point that you can let go of the shame and put it where it belongs.

Yes, You are a survivor. I stopped playing the victim card also and moved on looking toward the positives in life.

Your post gives me a renewed strength.

Your survior brother, Jim

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#268616 - 12/24/08 09:57 PM Re: No longer feel shame, quite the opposite in fa [Re: GettingHealthy]
mrrecovery Offline

Originally Posted By: GettingHealthy
That is AWESOME! Right on man!

Your post really gave me hope for the future. I am beginning therapy Monday, and I think that is exactly what I needed to read.

Thanks for sharing! Congratulations!!

thank you. I have been in individual therapy for 6+ years...things have accelerated DRAMATICALLY since i attended a Weekend of Recovery last month..I have since joined group therapy, purchased several books, and am in regular contact with other survivors (and of course spend time here).

I was going to suggest that you attend a WoR as soon as possible but i will hold off on that...i don't think i would have benefitted as much from it had i gone earlier in my recovery...the foundation needs to be there.

In any case, i am definitely seeing a (positive) change in myself...

thanks to all for your support...it is appreciated.

mrrecovery

Edited by mrrecovery (12/24/08 09:59 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.