Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
1 registered (Hopein14), 20 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441739 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#266996 - 12/13/08 03:04 PM What are the 2009 Levels at WOR?
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Wishing to attend a WOR, I noticed that the first one in March 2009 mentions it as Level 1. My question is: Are the other WOR dates also level 1? I did not see that information in the other three dates. Knowing this helps me and others better plan our schedules. Could you please post when you know. I realize perhaps it has not been determined yet. I want to attend a WOR but at level 1. smile
Thanks,
Dan

#267000 - 12/13/08 03:08 PM Re: What are the 2009 Levels at WOR? [Re: Danbuff]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
From my understanding, the only Advanced WoR is at Alta in September. All the others are Level One.

You won't regret attending one!

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#267004 - 12/13/08 03:36 PM Re: What are the 2009 Levels at WOR? [Re: LN3(SS)]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Thanks Brian, besides a need I am ready to go it.
Dan

#267012 - 12/13/08 04:29 PM Re: What are the 2009 Levels at WOR? [Re: Danbuff]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US
Dan,

Brian is right about the Alta WoR that is a level 2 for 2009.

I highly recommend WOR. It is a great healing experience.

Gerald

#267980 - 12/19/08 05:31 PM Re: What are the 2009 Levels at WOR? [Re: Gerald2007]
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hi Dan,

Just go to the home page on the left side, click on the Weekend of Recovery tab and then click on the 2009 schedule.

Hope this helps.

Dale

#268214 - 12/21/08 03:49 PM Re: What are the 2009 Levels at WOR? [Re: Dale English]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Is it an absolute requirement to have a T to attend a retreat or can exceptions be made. I have a psychiatrist throught my health care provider that I see for my meds. But i have not use the services of a T in the last few years. I had one in the past that I used for several years but she is no longer in business.
I also have been in recovery for over twenty years.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#268229 - 12/21/08 05:27 PM Re: What are the 2009 Levels at WOR? [Re: michael banks]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mike,

While you will need to address this question with the WoR staff for a definite answer, I've known of guys going to the WoR without having a regular T for consultation. I would discourage doing that however. Tho the weekends are designed to be healing in nature it can also bring up emotions and concerns for attendees that may require therapist consultation in order to consolidate and build on the things learned at the weekends.

Look at it like this, One does not or should not buy a new car and drive it off the lot never to have any maintenance work done on it. In order to gain the ultimate benefit from the vehicle, routine maintenance needs to be done. The same can be true following a WoR. Many men find that the followup visits with a therapist are as important or even more important to their recovery than the weekend itself.

Give it some thought.

Lots of love,

John

#268231 - 12/21/08 05:53 PM Re: What are the 2009 Levels at WOR? [Re: WalkingSouth]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
John,

Thanks for the reply.
Before I decide to go I'll consult with the WOR staff.
I am thinking about going to the one in march in Ca.
Also can't I get that tune up here with the guys I trust?

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#268260 - 12/21/08 11:19 PM Re: What are the 2009 Levels at WOR? [Re: michael banks]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Hi Mike:

Having just emerged from a WoR just over a month ago I can say from personal experience that lonliness in my recovery was the biggest problem. I have no other survivor around here that I can see, touch and hear. I do have lots of brothers here, and they are, without a doubt nothing short of fabulous. I would have gone insane without them. When word got out that there was room for more participants in the WoR, which was just 45 minutes from my home, my brothers here at MS all lobbied for me to go. And I went. I have no regrets. Could I have gotten the tune up I so desperately needed? No.

I started T in early October, and go every week. My T, she is fantastic. She was fully supportive. And she knew, that before I would need some extra support, and when I came back, I booked an extra appointment, so I had two in one week. There was just so much stuff I could finally unload, so much stuff!

While at the WoR, at the very end, something very special happened. Very Special. I can't say what exactly, but it was so special, and so unique to me, that, well, I know I am no longer alone. There is at least one other man in a very similar position as I am. Like I said, I can't give details 'cause what happens at WoR stays at WoR. But I can say this to you,; I have no regrets at all going. None.

Having a T helps me a lot. It may not be for you. You have to be the judge, and then the WoR staff will have to decide after talking with you. I hope you go, and that you find something you have not found before. If you do, I hope that its helps you as much as it has helped me.

Go for it Bro!

Jim

#268340 - 12/22/08 09:23 PM Re: What are the 2009 Levels at WOR? [Re: Geeders]
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hi Mike,

Good question and good advice from both John and Jim. In answer to your question "no" it is not a prerequisite that you be in therapy in order to attend a WOR. However it is very important that you have access to people who can support you and help you process the feelings, and ideas and questions that a WOR raises for everyone. If you sign up, you will have a telephone interview from one of the team members who will be working the WOR you will be attending and in that interview the final green light will be given to you. It is good that you are in contact with a psychiatrist and that you have friends who understand the demands of survivorship.

If you have any other concerns feel free to PM me.

Dale

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.