Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447967 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#268309 - 12/22/08 02:54 PM Bars, boundaries and bullsh*t
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Drunk guys in gay bars who just feel free to grope and kiss me just because I'm friendly to them really piss me off. I'm really just mad at myself for not sticking up for myself last night. I just tried to ignore it but that didn't work and I ended up just feeling violated and humiliated.

If it was someone I had expressed interest in, it would be a different matter, but everyone around could see that I was not comfortable with it and that I wasn't doing anything about it.

That was the humiliating part. Me being such a victim and not being assertive. The second time he squeezed my balls I told him he was hurting me, but he was too drunk to really hear anything I said to him.

#268316 - 12/22/08 04:09 PM Re: Bars, boundaries and bullsh*t [Re: blueshift]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
((((((doug)))))))

ew yuk major ick factor! sorry you had to go through that. people who allow themselves to go there, so sloppy drunk and crossing appropriate boundary lines are very sick people doug.

if it's any consolation, consider yourself lucky you were target by a sleaze-ball instead of a murderer. i guess you could also be flattered. but probably not. the situation you describe probably reminded you too much of your abuse.

the thing that strikes me the most about this, is that in any relationship, whether it lasts 5 minutes in a bar, or 5 years with a person, that's how i always end up feeling.....like i am being mauled by some bear in the woods.

remarkable how being abused makes one forget how to say 'no' and inhibits [well actually destroys] the natural fight/flight response.

sad, but don't give up on going out and enjoying yourself. don't rule out any future fun just because of one stupid jerk.

ron

#268327 - 12/22/08 07:09 PM Re: Bars, boundaries and bullsh*t [Re: Sans Logos]
steveb121 Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK
Deleted

#268446 - 12/23/08 01:46 PM Re: Bars, boundaries and bullsh*t [Re: steveb121]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Thanx guys. I guess I kind of feel like it isn't so much what the guy did but what I didn't do that shames me. It hurt my self esteem more than anything else I guess. It reminded me how much a victim I still am. Ugh! I hate that! frown

(btw, by "victim" I'm talking about my role in the situation rather than using the word as a replacement for "survivor".)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.