Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#268294 - 12/22/08 11:01 AM anti-gay hate crimes and male sexual abuse
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i was reading some statistix the other day reporting this year hate crimes in general were down 1% last year, but anti gay hate crimes increased by 6%.

i am wondering if any other survivors have felt the pressure of living in the climate of fear that you have been one of them or may be one of the statistix in next year's report.

i guess in light of the fact that more and more people are living 'out loud' it makes sense that more of us would be targeted.

when i was a lot younger back in the 70's, i was often chased, verbally threatened, and even spit on. it was not unsual. i came to expect to have to live in the fear of constant threat of attack. that alone was one of the things that made me scared straight.

have you ever been the victim of a hate crime that resulted in being sexually victimized?

what impact has that had on your feelings about your sexuality and yourself as a person?

#268307 - 12/22/08 02:25 PM Re: anti-gay hate crimes and male sexual abuse [Re: Sans Logos]
Marinan Offline

I myself have gotten in trouble for saying things in this forum, but people mistaken about my orientation have made me a victim of anti-gay hate crimes.

I can't say whether the crime was part of the sexual abuse or not. Usually I just blot out my memory.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.