Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (ethereo222, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441966 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#266189 - 12/09/08 06:21 PM Poem 26
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
I am shadow, I am self.

I am that which is betwene light and grounding, before or behind, facing or retreating, unbidden, unheeding.

I am the faceless face you see in the mirror, in poor light or in none, in sunlight or in flame.

When you wake screaming in the dark from a dream of facing that which is nothing and everything and nothing, it's my face you truly saw, the face which is yours and not yours.

I am the shroud. I am the one who stands betwene you and the crowd, the filter and the truth teller.

I am the black music heard in a casual word of wounding, founding that which I already built long ago with others aid.

I am the model and the sculpture. I am the smith of word and deed. The self that you see, the small one, surrounded by poisonous pitty like a cloud, the ever greedy leach of love, the adict of life, you are he, and so am I.

I am the one you meet on the long arid road benieth stunted trees, that road we both walk. When you see the dreamer, grasping at attention through a cloak of sorrow with clawlike hands, you see with my eyes.

When you hear the last moan of the wind over the black sands, the calm and beutiful voice of dispare, the lash of starlit sorrow, --- that is my voice.

When fires burn with sooty flames, when you write the lines of your story across your face and none read, when anger snaps like breaking ice and the dambs burst their banks with harsh cold splintered waters, ---- that is my deed.

I am the one who loves the twilight, the in betwene places, who waits unrecognized.

I am the one who stil remembers, who wields the iron, who sounds the nell of bronze.

i am the one who ignores the touching, I am insubstantial, I am the sheath.

Fire, and steel and summer sun are no weapons against me. My blood is as strong as yours my pain as great.

Sweetness, and memory and thorn are no weapons against me, my will is as strong as yours, my power as great.

lightning, and cloud riding and wishing are no weapons against me, for my hate is strong as yours, my worth as great.

Wen you turn away from moonlight's silvered softness, ---- I laugh.

When you stumble on a hidden stone's sharpness, ---- I laugh.

when you cry like the weakling you are, ---- I laugh.

In starless void dreaming of worlds,
In uniformity dreaming of distinction,
In existance dreaming of love.

Dark without end, end without light.

Hope is dead.

"Looking at the sky at midnight, searching every inch of air.
I can't see my tiny planet, but I'm certain that it's there.
If the stars would only take me up into the sky, my heart would guide me homeward and I'd fly"

Edited by dark empathy (12/18/08 10:54 AM)

#267645 - 12/18/08 06:58 AM Re: Poem 26 [Re: dark empathy]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Luke,

I'm sorry you are in such a dark place. Hope is never dead, my friend.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#267647 - 12/18/08 07:20 AM Re: Poem 26 [Re: dark empathy]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
oh......ooooo....mmmmm....wow! thems' some powerful words you got there. desparate? no, i don't believe so. i bet #27 is soon to be forthcoming. interesting. can't wait to see what happens next.

gimme gimme gimme,

you poets just slay me

#267657 - 12/18/08 08:19 AM Re: Poem 26 [Re: Sans Logos]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Luke,
with such an obvious talent, I hope you can bend to reach hope and create more in the future to reflect hope and reveal healing. I agree with Larry...Hope is never dead.

You have an awesome gift.
Peace,
Dan

#267690 - 12/18/08 11:11 AM Re: Poem 26 [Re: Danbuff]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Hi.

Thanks people.

To be honest Lary this sort of came out in a very particular state of mind a week last tuesday after i'd nerved myself to go to a rehearsal, only to have a friend of mine unintentionally voice a remark which was very triggering to me.

I just splirged this one out as soon as I got in, cried for a bit and felt better.

The "hope is dead" thing was another case of me steeling something from somewhere else.

James blish's magical apocalyps novel Black Easter ends with the words:

"World without end, end without world, god is dead"

This is just after all the demonic forces of hell have caused a nuclear war which devastated the entire planet, ---- which was basically how I was feeling at the time.

Part of the reason I included the quote from the litle prince opera at the end, was that finishing that way just seemed wrong

dan, It's sort of difficult for me to really understand this being anything other than what it is. It's me, writing thins I happen to find useful. I don't really think there's anything special about it, it's just selfish.

all 25 of my previous poems (which are all kicking around here somewhere), were done for similar reasons of just wanting to get particular thoughts articulated in a useful way. This probably is one of the most dark, but it was just what I felt i needed to do at the time.I can't really say or make any predictions about what 27 will be like, ---- or even when I'll write it, it'll just be when something jogs me as poemable.

Ron, to be perfectly honest, and I know your just being enthusiastic, and saying you like my stuff (goodness knows why), I really! find your response slightly hard to deal with here.

sorry.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.