Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
2 registered (nltsaved, tbkkfile), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63422 Topics
443382 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#267363 - 12/16/08 04:19 AM can't sleep
Asmodeus Offline

Loc: Vestavia, Alabama, USA
First I'll reintroduce myself since I can't remember the last time I was here. My name is Jon. I'm 25 and trying to overcome agoraphobia. But that's not why I'm here right now. I thought I was past this but since around Thanksgiving memories and dreams of the abuse have been forcing their way to the surface. I'm lucky if I can get to sleep before midnight. For some reason this time of year has always been a problem for me when it comes to this. Most likely because he had two weeks instead of just every other weekend to do what he wanted. I'm getting sick just thinking about it. I guess I just need to be reassured by someone who understands the situation that everything is alright now and that he can't hurt me now.

#267368 - 12/16/08 04:42 AM Re: can't sleep [Re: Asmodeus]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
one post since 2005!? what the heck have you been doing with yourself all this time? wink

i am glad to see you here! what do think about posting your story in the survivors story forum. i would appreciate knowing more.

ron

#267369 - 12/16/08 05:04 AM Re: can't sleep [Re: Asmodeus]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
First off, welcome back! It's good that you're here. I'm sorry that you need to be of course, but given the need it's that you're back.
Originally Posted By: Sgt.Pepper1983
I'm getting sick just thinking about it. I guess I just need to be reassured by someone who understands the situation that everything is alright now and that he can't hurt me now.

Isn't this the crux of the matter? Even though he's no longer touching you, he is still hurting you, isn't he? Every time you think about it, every time the memories come to you unbidden, he's hurting you, isn't he?

CSA is not something that we can overcome or vanquish on our own. Many of us, yes me too, have tried and all have failed.

The guys of MS are all here for you and we will certainly offer you anything that we may have to give. That being said, if you are not already doing so, please consider professional help as well.

#267433 - 12/16/08 03:22 PM Re: can't sleep [Re: Asmodeus]
MichaeldR Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Dear Jon:

I also suffer from agoraphobia.

There are more factors that bother many people other than the abuse you mentioned. Just the short days (in the northern hemisphere, if that's where you are) are alone to upset some people's sleep cycle.
A lot of people suffer from depression this time of year as well. That can screw up one's sleeping, too.

I'm glad you are here. I know I am finding the care and support to overcome my challenges day by day.

Possibly consider joining one of the healing circles here on the MS site. You may have to look to find one (in the posts) but you may receive the support you are looking for. I know it is helping me immensely.

My mantras:

Easy Does I - - - - - - Là où il y a la vie il y a l'espoir.
One Day At A Time - - - Là où il y a l'espoir: la vie.
First Things First- - - Where there's life there's hope.
LIVE and Let Live - - - Where there is hope: life.

#267467 - 12/16/08 07:49 PM ... [Re: MichaeldR]
St3v3n Offline

#267546 - 12/17/08 01:13 PM Re: can't sleep [Re: Asmodeus]
jacob77 Offline

Loc: Northern CA
Jon,
Have you seen a doctor?
I had insomnia for a long time and was diagnosed with sleep apnea.
I am now on meds for sleep.
I also have PTSD and Depression.

Jacob

#267566 - 12/17/08 06:25 PM Re: can't sleep [Re: jacob77]
Asmodeus Offline

Loc: Vestavia, Alabama, USA
I saw my doctor about trouble sleeping before the memories even started to resurface. He told me to take three or four of a pill called melatonin when I can't sleep. It usually works great. I'm out right now but I intend to get more tonight.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.