Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441422 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#267370 - 12/16/08 05:19 AM collections
Asmodeus Offline

Loc: Vestavia, Alabama, USA
Does anyone here enjoy collecting? I don't know about anyone else, but I consider my collection of Beatles records to be pretty impressive. I have all of the albums they made while they were still together and one bootleg from 1969 that covers "Let It Be" and "Abbey Road" while they were works in progress. Most of my albums are original issues and two of them are the Parlophone copies that were pressed in England. "Hard Day's Night", "Rubber Soul" and "Abbey Road" are the only ones that are not original issues. But I think the record I'm most proud of is the "White Album" which still has all the pictures and the poster with lyrics that it had 40 years ago. I also enjoy collecting vintage games and systems. I have an NES a Super NES, an SMS, a Genesis, a PS1 and an Atari 2600. All of them are 1st generation models except for the Atari. It was made in Taiwan. During Ataris first year of production they were made in California. That's the one I really want. I'm working on replacing all of my games with copies that are like new. All of my SMS games and all but 2 of my Genesis games are complete in the boxes with instructions. About half of my NES games and 3 of my super nes games are in that condition. All of my playstation games are in that condition too. None of my atari games have the box or instructions with them. I have also started collecting a series of vampire comics from the '70s called "Tomb of Dracula". My dad has number 1-12 of volume 2. I know he has more but I can't remember which ones they are. I started reading them when I was 12 and he nearly had a fit. Probably because the most recent one he has is a year older than I am. I have a six year old nephew and I'm teaching him to appreciate authenticity as much as I do. If an album he likes was originally made on vinyl that's the format I'll get for him. His favorite video game series was made in the '80s and '90s. Instead of buying him the PS2 disc with all 8 of the games on it I am getting him the individual cartridges. But I need to go now. It was good to take my mind off of what was bothering me, but I need to try to get some sleep.

#267518 - 12/17/08 08:18 AM Re: collections [Re: Asmodeus]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I have the Beatles record with Revolver and Yellow Submarine on it which was my first rock record along with old Steppenwolf, Led Zeppelin 1 & 2, and Three Dog Night records from the same era. They are all original and none are in good shape. I have a VHS movie collection and a DVD collection. I have a collection of WWII movies and books. I have an antique glass collection. I have a postage stamp collection from the 1960s. And I have a good-sized coin collection too.

I also have some old computer games for Windows 95 or 98 and even an old one for an Atari unopened in their original boxes, along with some older programs like Word Perfect and Word 2003 brand new in boxes that I would be willing to part with too.

PS1/PS2/etc, is way newer than my time, though I did play someone's PS2 Tiger Woods game once, where I was thoroughly demoralized by a 13 year-old by probably 25 strokes. But on Sim City 2000 I am the mayor of a successful city with 5 million people and I have a dozen major amusement parks on Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Keep collecting, someday all of this stuff will be worth money!!!

Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.