Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
8 registered (ethereo222, Cthulhu, Bluedogone, lapchinj, I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63211 Topics
442000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#267458 - 12/16/08 06:30 PM Movies Which Fill Me With Anxiety
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
There are several movies which alway filled me with anxiety. Before I "remembered" my CSA, I didn't have a clue as to why.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Explanation
Here Willy "disappears" into a factory . . . where mysterious things are done to children.

Amahl and the Night Visitors

Explanation
Some of you won't have heard of this Christmas musical presentation.
Here the very title would fill me with fear. Can you understand why? Amahl is a boy and he has certain mysterious night visitors. This always freaked me out.

Does anybody else have any movie phobias? I would like to hear about them if so.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#267487 - 12/16/08 10:17 PM Re: Movies Which Fill Me With Anxiety [Re: pufferfish]
Bewlayb1 Offline

Loc: NYC
My parents were really lax about what I saw as a child. I guess I should have realized they weren't good parents, but what does a kid know?

I remember seeing "Nightmare on Elm Street" as a boy. To this day, I have periodic nightmares with Freddy Kreuger. I think he came to symbolize the pedophile (my teacher) to my unconscious. I also remember seeing "Zelly and Me" about a little girl living with her grandmother. I don't recall the film that well. I think the little girl was beaten by her grandmother and Isabella Rosellini plays the kind nanny who tries to help her. I saw it on TV while I was being abused and it really freaked me out, though I'm not sure I knew why. Even while the abuse was happening, it still wasn't "real" to me. I kind of lost my grasp on everything.

I barely spoke from eight to eighteen. I didn't remember the abuse during those ten years. I was strangely drawn, as a teenager, to movies involving incest, like "Chinatown," or rape, like "The Accused" and songs about abuse, like "Luka" and "Bad Wisdom" by Suzanne Vega.

I painted a lot. I was talented, but the images were surreal and disturbing, with fractured bodies and faces. I brought a few pieces with me to college which I had done in high school, before I remembered the abuse. During a party, a guy went to my room, saw the paintings and the first thing he said was: "Were you raped?" He then told me he had been assaulted and raped as a child. It still gives chills when I think about it.

All those years, I had been painting about rape, dreaming about pedophiles, unsettled, yet fascinated by movies about abuse, and I had no clue.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.