Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
6 registered (Cam76, BraveFalcon, peroperic2009, JayBro, 2 invisible), 55 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
437999 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#266104 - 12/09/08 06:07 AM Some Real F#cked Up Sh!t ** Triggers **
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
Yesterday moring, I walked out of the house, on my way to get a pre>

Edited by ModTeam (12/12/08 07:43 PM)
Edit Reason: remove disparaging terms towards women

#266109 - 12/09/08 07:06 AM Re: Some Real F#cked Up Sh!t [Re: Stretch73]
Marcus Mystery Offline
MaleSurvivor

no wonder these ppl hang up on you if you keep calling everyone cunts and dickheads

#266117 - 12/09/08 08:48 AM Re: Some Real F#cked Up Sh!t [Re: Stretch73]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Rich,

What a nightmare!

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#266118 - 12/09/08 08:49 AM Re: Some Real F#cked Up Sh!t [Re: Marcus Mystery]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, I was thinking the same. Considering that the error was obviously with the financial company and not the repo company, I'm not sure they deserved the initial abuse, and everything that they said and did afterward was a fairly natural response to the way you were treating them. I know I sure as hell wouldn't be bending over backwards to help somebody who chews me out for something that's not my fault.

But, you got your car back.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#266399 - 12/10/08 07:50 PM Don't Get Mad--Get Even!!! [Re: melliferal]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I might have called a taxicab or even a limo to take me up to get my car back, then sued the finance company in small claims court for triple damages including the cost of my lost time at work. Maybe even throw in a missed business meeting and some lost business opportunity costs as well. It should have made for an interesting case and a profitable one too.

Mark

#266411 - 12/10/08 08:28 PM Re: Some Real F#cked Up Sh!t [Re: Trucker51]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
You deserve everything you've earned, Rich...
Don't let any supposed representative of "customer service" off the hook-

Though it may be only me, sometimes it seems as though you draw the line VERY harshly; not all of us are "overachievers", as it were...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#266456 - 12/10/08 11:09 PM Re: Some Real F#cked Up Sh!t [Re: dgoods]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
This post is full of the most amazing visuals for me. laugh I am sooo glad I never considered working for a NJ repo company!

Rich for Secretary of State!!!!! wink

Seriously man, I'm glad it worked out but yes, they messed up big-time and you deserved to be furious. It was surely the finance company's error, but it was still the repo company's responsibility to get your car back to you presto pronto. Sorting out the rest of the mess with the finance company was no excuse for any delay.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#266467 - 12/10/08 11:49 PM Re: Some Real F#cked Up Sh!t [Re: roadrunner]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Rich, that finance company might settle out of court with you. How about 0.0% interest for the life of the loan on your next car?

Also, WATCH your credit report for default accounts that are all of a sudden "paid off", in the collection company's name (not a good thing). In my experience I had a Medical Billing Company hand off a mere $75 dollar co-pay to a collection agency because they mailed my bill to a non-existent address. I took care of the matter easily when the collection agency finally called, but was later surprised to see a bad account (forgot the exact term to describe them) show up on my credit rating. I could have threatened them with court charges to re-instate my pristine credit rating but it didn't affect it that much so I deemed it as not worth my time.

Rich? I urge you to write a registered letter to that collection agency to insist that they guarantee (in writing) that they will not add any entry to your credit report, and that if they ignore your letter, a copy of that letter WILL be seen by a judge when you take them to small claims court to have the mistake corrected. (in other words, make their lives HELL!!!!!!!!) lol

About you guys getting on Rich's case for him not treating the collection agency staff with perfect manners:

It is the collection agency's (and their employees) responsibility to see to it that they contract out their services to finance companies and banks that don't make fuck-ups like this, assuming that they care. When proper care isn't taken make sure that they're getting the right person's car, these conflicts will be inevitable and expression of anger and threats and insults are a natural result. All they had to do was take Rich's social security over the phone, run a credit check, and they would have seen that he was not a dead-beat, but someone that pays his bills. The fact that they assumed that he was just another dead-beat that was whining about his car being taken back is THEIR fault. Rich's anger was justified, and they deserved it.

#266826 - 12/12/08 08:09 PM Re: Some Real F#cked Up Sh!t [Re: Hauser]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Rich,

Good job in taking care of yourself and your car.
Sometimes people need a quick kick in the ass.

Alan,

Sounds like you work in the finance business.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.