Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63240 Topics
442221 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26663 - 12/09/02 08:53 PM Re: "Forgive & You Will Be Forgiven"?
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Cement:

Wow, that's great; where did you get all that stuff?! Lots of good words to live by!

I'm glad you have a good T & are working things thru these rough seas, tho I agree they are hard to navigate. Its a heck of a boat to be in, but I'm glad we're in the same boat. Better than sailing thru this mess alone...

Take care

Wuame

#26664 - 12/09/02 09:11 PM Re: "Forgive & You Will Be Forgiven"?
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
I was originally looking for the right way to quote the Shakespeare line, plus I knew "Turn the other cheek" was the right idea but not the correct quote, so I went to Bartleby.com and did a couple of searches. I ended up reading about forgiveness for about an hour!

Peace to all who travel through here.

#26665 - 12/09/02 09:27 PM Re: "Forgive & You Will Be Forgiven"?
Wuamei Offline

Cement, that's a good hours read! Thanks for sharing some of it with us.

Wuame

#26666 - 12/10/02 07:04 PM Re: "Forgive & You Will Be Forgiven"?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Cement

Quote:
If you are not already dead, forgive. Rancor is heavy, it is worldly; leave it on earth: die light.
-Jean Paul Sartre
That is sensational !!

Dave \:D

#26667 - 12/12/02 04:16 PM Re: "Forgive & You Will Be Forgiven"?
Les_Angry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just leave O.J. alone and let him keep playing golf:

I just wanted to add to this topic that just because you forgive and your perp is not going to suffer vengence from you, doesn't mean God is going to forgive them. Our forgiveness is totally unrelated to God's. The only person that is getting off the hook when you forgive is you. The bible says if they (perps) don't forgive, they wont be forgiven.

Also, my perp assualted two people when he assaulted me. This is how I know: "what so ever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me". So as far as I'm concerned, I'm out of it. Its between them (my perp and lesser perps) and God. Its none of my business. There is nothing I could do to him to bring them to justice anyway.

The U.S. government changed the name of the Afghanistan military operation from "Operation Infinite Justice" to something else because it said in the Koran that the only one who can administer infinite justice is Allah (same God we know) and I believe they are right.

I want to let infinite justice reign in my situation not our crappy man made psudo-justice. Vigilantism, or the government justice system, who cares, our justice is just a cheap knock-off of the real thing, I call it all "O.J. justice".

Les_Angry

#26668 - 12/12/02 07:10 PM Re: "Forgive & You Will Be Forgiven"?
Wuamei Offline

Quote:
Also, my perp assualted two people when he assaulted me. This is how I know: "what so ever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me". So as far as I'm concerned, I'm out of it. Its between them (my perp and lesser perps) and God. Its none of my business. There is nothing I could do to him to bring them to justice anyway.
Wow that's a great insight Les! For years, even after I believed different & knew better, I felt like God was one of my abusers, if for no other reason than He somehow "made" them do it or "made" it happen to me.

Finally that feeling is fading the more I realize how much Christ identified & suffered with me (re: "The Abused Christ: Survivor!" in Poetry), how truly my abusers abused Him when they abused me, how much He wants to help me thru it all!

Les, I too have pretty much left my perps in the hands of God, where they belong; He is infinitely more capable of bringing them to justice & punishing them than I or any human being or system could ever imagine being.

This doesn't necessarily mean I won't ever try to track them down and press charges against them. I do believe that God can bring about a partial justice in this world, thru people; and that He wants His people to do justice.

In some instances it may also be a matter of protecting others from abuse.

Also there is the somewhat unpopular concept of their "rehabilitation," a concept I happen to approve of under the right conditions. Better that they move from offender to possibly survivor (as many of them would also be survivors, my mother among them) & survivor advocates.

That probably won't happen unless I take action. Which isn't to say I'm obligated to, but it is something I feel I have to consider.

Well, thanks Les a lot to think about from you once again!

Take care

Wuame

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.