Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
6 registered (JW1230, Jim1961, Tiger1982, Jacob S, Dan234racer, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63857 Topics
445884 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#2666 - 04/29/04 08:02 PM Wound up in the Hospital today...
LupinIII Offline

...last night I had a lot of anxiety and this morning I woke up with a tightness in my chest. When I got to work I was also lightheaded, having palpitations and suffering from tremendous heartbrun. I thought I was having a heart attack and half an hour later found myself in the E.R.

After many tests (six hours later) they told me I had suffered a major anxiety attack and some of my other symptoms were caused by hyperventalating from said attack.

Gents this was one of the scariest moments of my life. I thought I was going to die and my whole life would have been nothing but a big horror show of anxiety and pain. My mother would have won...her psychotic life would have won...and my kids, wife and myself would have lost. I don't know where to go from here...I think when all my memories came back to me two months ago it just pushed everything over the edge.

I do know this, no matter how much damage that has been inflicted upon me I am not ready to lose. I admit that right now I don't feel like everything is coming up roses, but somewhere inside of me is a dedication to find a way to be somewhat happy on a day to day basis..

#2667 - 04/29/04 08:25 PM Re: Wound up in the Hospital today...
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Lupin,

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I have had very bad panic like that, but usually do not even have presence of mind to go to hospital or anything. I am glad that you were at least able to go there and find out it was nothing physical, nothing serious that would cause you more problems.

Did they give you any medicines for panic? I have been on some of those, and they can help some if you get the right one.

I am glad that you realize you want to make through all this. You deserve much better.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#2668 - 04/29/04 10:20 PM Re: Wound up in the Hospital today...
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Lupin,

What a day! I'm glad that you found it wasn't a heart attack or something like that.
Quote:
somewhere inside of me is a dedication to find a way to be somewhat happy on a day to day basis..
Keep on keeping on.

Thanks,

Joe

#2669 - 04/29/04 10:28 PM Re: Wound up in the Hospital today...
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
keep going lupin - your dedication will pay off!

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#2670 - 04/30/04 12:31 AM Re: Wound up in the Hospital today...
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Lupin,

Glad you are okay now and it was as serious as a heart attack.
Some happiness on a day to day basis. Yes. Very good. Keep it up.

Take care,
Bill

#2671 - 04/30/04 07:24 AM Re: Wound up in the Hospital today...
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Not that a major anxiety attack is not serious.

Take care,
Bill

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.