Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
5 registered (dew, Ready to play, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446650 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#266567 - 12/11/08 04:15 PM Unsettled
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
I had some interaction with a fellow member today on a post. I don't know this person that well and in the interchange I was rather blunt with some of my comments. He took it in a way that I did not expect and his response thur me a little.
I tried to explain what my position by pm but he chooses not to respond. Then I tried to apologize to him if I had offended him by what I had said still no reponse. I am feeling unsetted because it is extremely hard to know how to interact with others here. Because of all the issues we each bring to the table. You never know when you might offend or upset the other person or people. Sometimes it like walking on eggshells around here.
I just want everyone else to know that I am trying to learn to find my voice and to communicate my thoughts,feelings, and opinions here at M/S.
You may not agree or share my views and that is really fine with me. But if I ever offend you please let me know. I can only learn thur my mistakes and know that it was not intentional.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#266569 - 12/11/08 04:59 PM Re: Unsettled [Re: michael banks]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

Brother Mike;

you are a good one and a blessing to MS... Just by being unsettled about this I know you have love and caring in your heart. Keep on doing your part, and promptly making amends as you see a need for them.

an amend does not have to be direct and personal... some situations preclude this, say the person is not longer with us or it may cause harm if done directly... Lord knows I have made some amends that could not be direct yet I still made them. Heck amends are like forgiveness, the act of and honest amend and true forgiveness relieve the person making the amend of giving forgiveness... the rest is in Gods hands and I simply pray for the other's best in each case.

Love, Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#266624 - 12/11/08 08:29 PM Re: Unsettled [Re: wes-b]
michael banks Offline

Wes,

Thank You for kind words.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#266632 - 12/11/08 09:17 PM Re: Unsettled [Re: michael banks]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Mike,

Since getting to know you, I've only ever seen you offer your sincere best to everyone. You're right of course in that we can't always know much less forsee how our words will be understood by someone else and what we intend in the very best spirit can be mistaken.

Yes that's upsetting but you've done what you can now, and you did it promtly. This is the part where you :" Let go and let God", Mike.

Maybe all this person needs is a little time and space............

PM me if you want to, I've always got time for you, my friend.

#266633 - 12/11/08 09:17 PM Re: Unsettled [Re: michael banks]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Mike,

Your support and encouragement to the guys here is so evident in your posts, and shows how much you care for others. Sometimes, guys here are just in a bad place and need some time to process things in their own way, so it's nothing really about us. One of the things I've noticed in my time here is that guys come here at different points in their recovery, trying to make things work the best they know how. And sometimes we just have to give each other space to work through things.

It's a difficult business, all of us trying to work through things together when we're all at different place in recovery. But we all seem to muddle along somehow. smile

#266643 - 12/11/08 10:03 PM Re: Unsettled [Re: EGL]
michael banks Offline

Brothers,

Thanks for the words of support.

Mike

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#266646 - 12/11/08 10:14 PM Re: Unsettled [Re: michael banks]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
it's not you mike.

have a pleasant evening and just let it go.

ron

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.