Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, peroperic2009, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441809 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#265963 - 12/08/08 04:15 PM A new start
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have been speaking with a work collegue who knows that i am HIV+. They also know that i stopped taking the drugs. Today i showed that person my rash.

She told me that someone she knew passed away to AIDS and that they kept on ignoring the rash - the same rash that i have.She pleaded with me to restart the drugs and save myself before it is too late.

She said one simple thing to me "it is no good bolting the stable doors after the horses have bolted". I have a chance to "bolt" the door.

Tomorrow i will phone the hospital and start back on the path. I will fight the dark forces inside of me, but not on here, i will not allow the battle to spill out on here where it causes pain and hurt to others.

This is not about me, it is about all of us. for too long now i have pushed people away.My body is burning tonight. the rash is so painful that even pain killers cannot stop it.

that is all for now.
Duncan

#265964 - 12/08/08 04:19 PM Re: A new start [Re: duncanUK]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Duncan,

I am so sorry about all the pain you are in. I am relieved you have made a decision to phone the hospital tomorrow. Please fight, fight, fight...with all you got. Don't let this beat you. You're worth it buddy. Don't let those thugs from 9 years ago win. They're NOT worth it. You can beat them and this by deciding to fight this will all you got.

I'm with ya!

Mike

#266012 - 12/08/08 08:15 PM Re: A new start [Re: duncanUK]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
well that's great news duncan. we need the special perspective, the story of the struggle of your suffering, that you bring to this incredible tapestry of survivors.
Quote:
This is not about me, it is about all of us
i think that's a good reason to hang around and keep talking and sharing with us, as we share and talk with you about our struggles.
there are so many faces, so many facets and so many perspectives on this disease. each story unique. each person a phoenix rising above the ashes.
all the stories keep us ever rising, as lewis says, to infinity and beyond.
stay here because we need you beyond words.

ron

#266165 - 12/09/08 02:44 PM Re: A new start [Re: Sans Logos]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have made an appointment for the 30th December. I will be having my bloods taken next week.

I still worry that the dark side of myself is going to win. the 30th is such a long way off.

#266235 - 12/09/08 10:00 PM Re: A new start [Re: duncanUK]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Duncan,

I am so proud of you for doing this. You have my total support.

That dark side is not worth listening to. You deserve this chance at life that you are giving yourself.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#266768 - 12/12/08 04:51 PM Re: A new start [Re: LN3(SS)]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Duncan,

Good for you! Your friend is so right - do try to accept and profit from all the help and support you can get. You're worth all that and much much more.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.