Newest Members
Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss, JW1230
12363 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Em (36), I Want 2 Thrive (49), midwest (29), Miles (50), MrDon (50), smurfette (33)
Who's Online
3 registered (JW1230, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12363 Members
74 Forums
63532 Topics
443887 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#265888 - 12/07/08 11:25 PM TOOTH!
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
i have a tiny tiny tiny tooth growing where there is no other tooth, i just noticed it, i dont think i suppose to have new teeth

just found this "The third molars (the wisdom teeth) are the final teeth to erupt, usually around age 20. "

that must be it then, but then i will have an odd number of teeth....

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#265899 - 12/08/08 12:23 AM Re: TOOTH! [Re: king tut]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yup, Lewis, you are getting your Wisdom Teeth. Many times they come in very crooked, sometimes sideways, or only partially through the gums and the skin grows over them and cuts through once again time after time.

Hopefully yours will come in normally. smile

John

#265902 - 12/08/08 12:40 AM Re: TOOTH! [Re: WalkingSouth]
Little_E Offline
Member & Volunteer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: London UK
See dude, you are clever, Mind still haven't come throught yet!

Elliot.

DISTUBED VISIONS OF AN UNDERWORLD!!

#265980 - 12/08/08 06:37 PM Re: TOOTH! [Re: Little_E]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I only have one! a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him, he had it pulled, but I have not, the dentist said I would have to see and oral surgeon and I do not want to,but when it gets painful enough, I will consider it.

I don't wanna scare you, just inform you that you could have one, two, three, or all four. Just the way it is, you can find out buy going to a dentist and getting ex-rays taken, if you really want to know.

Loge

-Blade Runner

#265989 - 12/08/08 07:06 PM Re: TOOTH! [Re: Logan]
loberhead Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lewis, if it hurts I would try chewing some ice or putting something very cold on it (so it will numb). If it doesn't hurt then I guess you are in good shape. Some of my friends have had theirs hurt so badly they need to have surgery to get them removed. I don't mean to scare you... just want you to be okay. Be aware of the pain!

your friend,
chris

#266001 - 12/08/08 07:54 PM Re: TOOTH! [Re: loberhead]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Lewis,

I had mine pulled at 20.
As they were coming up they were pushing on my teeth and the dentist said they had to go.
It was not a big deal.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#266485 - 12/11/08 05:31 AM Re: TOOTH! [Re: michael banks]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
Lewis,

All four of mine were "impacted." I needed surgery to remove them. Prior to the surgery, everytime I bit down and food was caught back there, it was like someone taking a razor blade to my gums. Oh it was so painful.

After the surgery wasn't much of a picnick either. Hopefully, you'll be lucky and they'll grow in straight and all the way through you gums. If this isn't the case, let me know and I'll put you on my prayer list. LOL hahahaha...

Rich

Edited by Stretch73 (12/11/08 05:32 AM)

#266491 - 12/11/08 06:49 AM Re: TOOTH! [Re: Stretch73]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Same here Rich!
All impacted, and lucky me got a horse-sized needle of novocaine in the back of my throat and a Valium IV... i REALLY wish they'd just put me under.

Out the door with a mouth full of gauze, totally numb from my nose down to my throat, then a week of Percoset-induced sleep/nausea, and hating the hell out those stitches that just would not dissolve fast enough!

Fun, fun, fun...

Oh, Lewis- this isn't common at all, so don't freak out wink

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#266494 - 12/11/08 07:21 AM Re: TOOTH! [Re: dgoods]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
When I had mine pulled at the age of 20.
The dentist gave me novaine and then proceed to pull all four of my wisdom teeth out. And it was back to work the next day.
In the Marine Corps if your not dead you are expected to be at work and on time.
The thing that freaked me out was when he showed me the giant size mayonize jar full of wisedom teeth he was collecting.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#266539 - 12/11/08 02:01 PM Re: TOOTH! [Re: michael banks]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, to all persons who had/have wisdom-teeth. I was 29 years old, when mine were pulled. I went on military sick call for a back problem, I was stationed in Vietnam at the time. So I go and see the Doc. for my back, he tells me open my mouth and say aaaahhhh. So he tells me that I am in the wrong clinic, and he makes a 'phone call, and then tells me see that guy down the corridor? Yep, sure do then he tells me that he's the dentist and he is going to pull out your wisdom teeth, well I damn near died right there, as there was no way that I was going to get out of that hospital without going to the dentist. I hated dentists, In the Air Force on each of your birthday months, you HAD to go to the dental clinic for a check up, So I went, and then after the exam they gave me a whole bunch of pink appointment slips for ALL the WORK that I needed, well OK. So after a day or so I call the dental clinic and tell them that I need to cancel my appointments as I am going on TDY (temporary duty) military speak. Well they tell me ok we cancelled them, but be sure and call us when you get back so we can reschudle, HA HA. I never called, and if there was any possible way for me to wiggle out of a dental appointment I will. But in Vietnam they had me by the balls and my wisdom teeth. They gave me novocane plus darvon pain killers, well let me tell you that from the heat and humidity in Vietnam I was on cloud nine for about 12 hours. OOOOPS, another "war story". Heal well on both fronts my friends/brothers.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#266785 - 12/12/08 05:47 PM Re: TOOTH! [Re: petercorbett]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
very funny Pete, LOL
I like the story, I used to read alot of personal accounts of Vietnam. I must have read about 200 books in all---didn't have cable TV growing up.

Oh, Lewis if you are in pain you could also use an over the counter Anesthetic called Benzocaine. The Maximum strength that one can buy here in the USA is 20%.
You should be able to find it in just about every Pharmacy or what ya'Brits call "the Chemist"

Take care buddy, and NO you can/will NOT get High from it!

Loge

-Blade Runner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.