Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
6 registered (wiresguy1, woodenshoes, focusedbody, ShortedDiode, manipulated, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445567 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#265396 - 12/05/08 11:28 AM Zulu
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Something just got me thinking about this film, Zulu, not Zulu dawn, i like it, does anybody else like it? i know there is lots of killing, but it keeps up the tension, i don't think any other film makes you feel so tired after wave after wave of enemy, but the welsh held up against all odds. (we since commemorate the event as a bond with the zulus)

"Just 145 soldiers from the 24th Foot, which two years later became the South Wales Borderers, held off an army of thousands of Zulu warriors at the battle of Rorke's Drift during South Africa's Anglo-Zulu War in 1879."

anyway, my point is i like the film version of the song men of Harlech

Men of Harlech stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spear points gleaming
See their warrior pennants streaming
To this battlefield
Men of Harlech stand ye steady
It cannot be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready
Welshmen never yield
From the hills rebounding
Let these war cries sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding
Men of Harlech on to glory
This will ever be your story
Keep these burning words before ye
Welshmen will not yield

so i like that. i will stand steady, and i will not yield, against all odds, on to glory!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#265405 - 12/05/08 12:17 PM Re: Zulu [Re: king tut]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lewis,

I have watched that film many times and I still like it - it's a classic for me. And I know you will stand steady against the odds. You've already been doing that, and with remarkable results.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.