Newest Members
GoodKiwi, Naeno, stillhere35, RKS, Albertus
12557 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (petercorbett, Obi, 4 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12557 Members
73 Forums
64444 Topics
450118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#264537 - 11/30/08 08:37 PM So...I drank myself to sleep last night.
AYounglove10 Offline

Loc: U.S., Arizona
Ya.
I haven't been able to sleep hardly at all this entire week. Finally last night i was done with it and drank some to get to bed.
I know it wasn't intelligent for me to do so.
i don't trust medicine so no sleeping pills.
I didn't know what else to do.
This whole week has been bad, and no one knew it was bad.
I'm really good about putting on a fake grin on my face and going about the day acting like everything is fine.
But everything IS NOT fine.

#264548 - 11/30/08 09:51 PM Re: So...I drank myself to sleep last night. [Re: AYounglove10]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Young,

I have had quite some issues with alcohol. I know how much trauma I felt when I first remembered what happened, and it only got worse for me; it took a long time for me to share. I won't tell you one way or another how to handle the alcohol things, but make sure you don't start to use it as a regular crutch (okay, I guess I did tell you something here).

Keep reaching out and get the help and support you need to deal with this stuff. In my book (and I am certain in pretty much everyone else's here), facing these things is way more brave and takes more courage than trying to make it as if they never happened. It is a really hard thing to face, but it is the way to make things better (at least for myself, denial did nothing but cause lots of pain).

Take care, and I hope you are feeling a little better.

Eric

#264681 - 12/01/08 04:50 PM Re: So...I drank myself to sleep last night. [Re: ericc]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
YL,

That's such a huge temptation and really, no one could blame you for falling into it. I remember a young heroin user here (age 14) three years ago talking about his situation this way:

Quote:
I don't care if I die, - this is
The only thing that makes me feel alive.
Itís my friend - my friend to the end,
And I will do it again, and again, and again.
Itís such a nice warm place to be,
And I never ever want to leave.

It's rough getting trapped like this, but there's the danger. I'm glad you're talking about this and realizing what a problem you may be getting into.

Not trying to lecture you - just commenting from experience. Perhaps we could meet again in chat and talk about things further.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.