Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
1 registered (pattom), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443052 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#267051 - 12/13/08 10:10 PM Re: Accepting compliments **Possible Triggers** [Re: roadrunner]
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
A friend once asked why I brush off compliments, so i told her that they make me uncomfortable. Her reply hit a chord with me and I would like to share it with you. "When you get a compliment say thanks and in your mind think about what you did to get this praise, the act only, not wheather you did well or if there were strings attached or if it was nothing really, just what you did"
Several days later I helped a lady by picking up something she dropped and of course she thanked me, I thought "she is thanking me for picking up......" and I accepted my first compliment ever. Gradually it got easier, I still sometimes hear those old tapes start so I override them whith thinking, in a non judgmental way what the compliment was for.
That worked for me

Dusty

#267056 - 12/13/08 11:10 PM Re: Accepting compliments **Possible Triggers** [Re: Dusty Boy]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dusty,

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

I really have to chew on this for awhile and give it a try.

-Jim

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.