Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, tbkkfile, sentry, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441422 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#264537 - 11/30/08 08:37 PM So...I drank myself to sleep last night.
AYounglove10 Offline

Loc: U.S., Arizona
Ya.
I haven't been able to sleep hardly at all this entire week. Finally last night i was done with it and drank some to get to bed.
I know it wasn't intelligent for me to do so.
i don't trust medicine so no sleeping pills.
I didn't know what else to do.
This whole week has been bad, and no one knew it was bad.
I'm really good about putting on a fake grin on my face and going about the day acting like everything is fine.
But everything IS NOT fine.

#264548 - 11/30/08 09:51 PM Re: So...I drank myself to sleep last night. [Re: AYounglove10]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Young,

I have had quite some issues with alcohol. I know how much trauma I felt when I first remembered what happened, and it only got worse for me; it took a long time for me to share. I won't tell you one way or another how to handle the alcohol things, but make sure you don't start to use it as a regular crutch (okay, I guess I did tell you something here).

Keep reaching out and get the help and support you need to deal with this stuff. In my book (and I am certain in pretty much everyone else's here), facing these things is way more brave and takes more courage than trying to make it as if they never happened. It is a really hard thing to face, but it is the way to make things better (at least for myself, denial did nothing but cause lots of pain).

Take care, and I hope you are feeling a little better.

Eric

#264681 - 12/01/08 04:50 PM Re: So...I drank myself to sleep last night. [Re: ericc]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
YL,

That's such a huge temptation and really, no one could blame you for falling into it. I remember a young heroin user here (age 14) three years ago talking about his situation this way:

Quote:
I don't care if I die, - this is
The only thing that makes me feel alive.
Itís my friend - my friend to the end,
And I will do it again, and again, and again.
Itís such a nice warm place to be,
And I never ever want to leave.

It's rough getting trapped like this, but there's the danger. I'm glad you're talking about this and realizing what a problem you may be getting into.

Not trying to lecture you - just commenting from experience. Perhaps we could meet again in chat and talk about things further.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.