Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (royjay, pufferfish, atari_kid86, I Want 2 Thrive, 2 invisible), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62503 Topics
438064 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#264111 - 11/27/08 10:34 PM Namaste:::Is this rude to say... ?
Marinan Offline

I think this is rude to say to non-Hindus... I'm not sure, but "the god in me bows to the god in you". Sounds dangerous to respond to. It makes common courtesy difficult.

#264986 - 12/03/08 01:32 AM Re: Namaste:::Is this rude to say... ? [Re: Marinan]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
To make it simpler for you, lets put it this way, "The divinity in me recognizes that in you!" Or simply put "I acknowledge your light just as I recognize mine, in the moment!" For only when you have recognized your own light can you do that to others, that is why the key thing is, as always - KNOW THY SELF!

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#265006 - 12/03/08 07:21 AM Re: Namaste:::Is this rude to say... ? [Re: Marinan]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
growing up influenced by the religious beliefs of my family, i was catechized to think of people merely as god's chattle. it seemed heretical to put humans on par with god or jesus, saying 'the god in me bows to the god in you'. western religions see us as god's subjects, but eastern religions see us as god's substance. nowadays, the distinctions between eastern and western religion are seeming to morph into a spirituality that blends the two. i just go by what 'feels' right for me, and seeing myself as somehow separate and distinct from god limits narrows and suffocates me. we are not 'god, the ultimate eminent being', but as much as we are our earthy father such as we are 'of him', are we chips off the ole block. and the chip that i am honors the chip that you are. how could such a respectfulness be taken as an insult? perhaps a gesture of gratitude, such as a nod, or an accepting smile might be an appropriate response to such a kindly greeting.

namaste,

ron

#274482 - 02/08/09 04:36 PM Re: Namaste:::Is this rude to say... ? [Re: Marinan]
riveerboy Offline

Loc: Indiana
I have always felt it to be a saying that held nothing but a feel of nice respect and honouring of another. I find "have a blessed day" more intrusive as an individual.

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.