Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, traveler, royjay), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#263801 - 11/26/08 11:18 AM Just when you think your life is shit.........
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
.......something comes along to give you hope!

I opened my Facebook page today to see if maybe, just by chance, there might be some communication from one of my kids - I have four daughters, but we've been estranged four eight years now. I recently made contact with them in the hopes of reconcilling our relationship but it has not been going well.

My sixteen year old has completely disowned me after I disclosed - says she hates me, is going to change her name so as to not be identified with me, I forbid you to ever contact me again, bla bla bla...........
She's still just a kid and I'm expecting she'll grow out of this eventually.

My eldest daughter is eighteen and below is what I found posted on Facebook:

Mareenda was recruited by Junior to the cause Contre la pédophilie (The cause against paedophilia) . Mareenda says, “I care about this cause. Thanks for giving me the chance to help out”.

My heart is so full of hope right now - this is a good day!!!

#263807 - 11/26/08 12:07 PM Re: Just when you think your life is shit......... [Re: joelRT]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: joelRT
I have four daughters, but we've been estranged four eight years now.

Joel,

Maybe give them each a book explaining your position. The public is so ignorant of what's involved. It really takes some amount of knowledge to get with it. Maybe send them some flowers or something.

I think that if they only understood, they would all be supportive. I did such a poor job when I first told my two. That was in the last decade. Now they are very supportive.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#263810 - 11/26/08 12:32 PM Re: Just when you think your life is shit......... [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Joel,

After I "hung up" I thought of several things I might add.

I had to sincerely apologize to my two daughters for deficits in their rearing and for specific things I knew I had been poorly handled. I had missed the boat quite a number of times especially during my "recovery period".

After I regained their trust, I provided them with links to my story here on the MS site. I gave one of them a partial printout of the content. That way they could be well informed as to what I went through as a kiddo. It has taken some time to turn things around.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.