Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (atari_kid86, 3 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447590 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#263801 - 11/26/08 11:18 AM Just when you think your life is shit.........
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
.......something comes along to give you hope!

I opened my Facebook page today to see if maybe, just by chance, there might be some communication from one of my kids - I have four daughters, but we've been estranged four eight years now. I recently made contact with them in the hopes of reconcilling our relationship but it has not been going well.

My sixteen year old has completely disowned me after I disclosed - says she hates me, is going to change her name so as to not be identified with me, I forbid you to ever contact me again, bla bla bla...........
She's still just a kid and I'm expecting she'll grow out of this eventually.

My eldest daughter is eighteen and below is what I found posted on Facebook:

Mareenda was recruited by Junior to the cause Contre la pédophilie (The cause against paedophilia) . Mareenda says, “I care about this cause. Thanks for giving me the chance to help out”.

My heart is so full of hope right now - this is a good day!!!

#263807 - 11/26/08 12:07 PM Re: Just when you think your life is shit......... [Re: joelRT]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: joelRT
I have four daughters, but we've been estranged four eight years now.

Joel,

Maybe give them each a book explaining your position. The public is so ignorant of what's involved. It really takes some amount of knowledge to get with it. Maybe send them some flowers or something.

I think that if they only understood, they would all be supportive. I did such a poor job when I first told my two. That was in the last decade. Now they are very supportive.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#263810 - 11/26/08 12:32 PM Re: Just when you think your life is shit......... [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Joel,

After I "hung up" I thought of several things I might add.

I had to sincerely apologize to my two daughters for deficits in their rearing and for specific things I knew I had been poorly handled. I had missed the boat quite a number of times especially during my "recovery period".

After I regained their trust, I provided them with links to my story here on the MS site. I gave one of them a partial printout of the content. That way they could be well informed as to what I went through as a kiddo. It has taken some time to turn things around.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.