Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (PhoenixRising, 2 invisible), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441294 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#249097 - 09/11/08 12:11 AM Re: This is so hard to talk about [Re: LW1527]
inthegrass33 Offline
New Here

don't listen to a cult. they don't know what the they're talking about.

Edited by inthegrass33 (09/11/08 12:11 AM)

#249228 - 09/12/08 05:05 AM Re: This is so hard to talk about [Re: inthegrass33]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I'm really sorry you went through all that. What a nightmare! I really feel a lot of people just are not functioning at a level that qualifies them as human..morally, mentally, spiritually, or emotionally. They look human, but they rape and lie and manipulate and hurt hurt hurt as they take take take.

I don't know jack diddly but I like to think that since there are most likely (as Carl Segan would say) billions and billions of life inhabited planets in the universe--if the number is even finite--that after we die we are reborn on whatever planet most resembles the world we most helped to create in our previous life.

Though that assumes some form of justice in the universe it also assumes that we earthlings were real pricks in our previous life, so I don't know if it's all that optimistic a view.

Well, ok I'm on a rant..sorry, anyway I really empathize and feel for you for what you have been through and wish you the best recovery possible.

#249347 - 09/12/08 09:26 PM Re: This is so hard to talk about [Re: LW1527]
oriolesguy Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
Frank - -
My heart goes out to you, man. Been through that, and I'm still dealing with the shame and guilt from being gang raped. I never really said anything to anyone - until I came here. The first thing I have to do is stop denying that it happened. Like you, I'm pretty scared that no one will believe me if I say anything. I've been through a lot too - we all have. I lost a son - a gorgeous little boy. And I always thought I could deal with the pain - I was THE man. Now I'm not so sure. I understand that healing is slow (I'm kind of new here, too) and I'm slowly trying to let it happen. I know I have to change a lot about myself - I don't like myself the way I am sometimes. I think we all do.
Heal, my brother. It's not easy, but you've got support here.

Oriolesguy

#249356 - 09/13/08 01:19 AM Re: This is so hard to talk about [Re: LW1527]
frank1959 Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Well I talked to a Social Worker to get some info from my files when I was a child in DCYS services. They are pressing forward with this. Because I was under their care when the priest molested me they are going to do everything in their power to see that justice is done in my case. That is a beginning. I've talked to two close friends about all of this. They were so supportive it was incredible. They have given me alot of strength and courage for what I am going to have to face.

Then I talked to my twin brother about it and I got a totally opposite reaction. He called me a liar and said the priest I was talking about could never have done that to me as he knew him. Well one thing led to another and I told him I never wanted to talk to him again. We were estranged for twenty years so not having him in my life is no real big deal anyway.

I'm looking into a local victim survivors group and was once with a counseling program in a twon about thirty miles from here and contacted my old counselor. She is going to hook me up with a referal with the same company that has a branch office in the next town over for counseling.

Just the fact that I posted this has helped. I haven't ever really let out the pain and anger and frustration I was feeling and I honestly cried for almost an half hour and let it all out.

As for a "religion" I am a pagan. I have been a practicing one for a very long time. I do not hold against other christians what these did to me, nor what the one I told said back to me in ignorance. I prefer my paganism though as it brings me great comfort and it shows in the work that I do with my photography. I've asked my higher good to come and help and I know that help is very near.

Thanks for the replies here. You all have been a huge help. It's good to know that there are others out there who have come through this or are still working on their situations and are gaining ground. I know I have a very long way to go.When the crap hits the fan and the state goes after this priest I know I will be in for alot of stress, but I also know that I am now 47 and I have survived this and worse. I know I will make it through with hard work, faith in my lord and lady and my friends.
Again thanks for the comments all of you and I will use alot of the advise I have received here.

#249358 - 09/13/08 02:14 AM Re: This is so hard to talk about [Re: frank1959]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
YES...!!!

Oftentimes, it is HARD to talk about.

But the ONLY thing you need, you already have...

FAITH...!!!

island

#249364 - 09/13/08 08:00 AM Re: This is so hard to talk about [Re: frank1959]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
I have survived this and worse. I know I will make it through with hard work, faith in my lord and lady and my friends.

frank those things are really all you need. you have a positive attitude and a good handle on the direction you need to go in your healing. what a great witness to fledgling survivors.

keep us posted on the progress of the case. and i hope sometime if you feel it appropriate, that you will share some of your photography with us.

your brother in recovery,

ron

#263638 - 11/24/08 06:21 PM Re: This is so hard to talk about [Re: Sans Logos]
frank1959 Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Well I guess this is one priest who will get away with what he did to me.

I have tried to get legal help. I thought I had a lawfirm to help me but they just kinda disappeared. So, another priest who messed up a childs life will get away with what they did here in this world. the Catholic church sure has a good line with their satan cause that is the only thing I can think of that is protecting these perverted priests.

Well at least I have this perverts name. I am a true wytche. That means I have sworn to protect those from harm against those who do harm. Looks like I will be going into my spellbooks and finding a certain curse I have that will guarentee that this priest will be going to the hell he so richly deserve to be going to.

As for me, well I will just have to deal with it all. Though I do thank those who have posted comments here to this for their help and encouragement.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.