Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (tbkkfile), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446693 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#2634 - 08/27/02 08:53 PM feeling down
Anonymous
Unregistered

Men:

I had a tough day. I want to share it and I choose this board. My car is acting up. It started doing it this Sunday. It does not want to start sometimes. It may not work 2 or 3 times then it starts just fine.

I read my repair manual and it tells me to check the fuel pressure. Well, I cannot find somewhere to sell me the tool/gauge necessary to check the pressure. I am frustrated.

I have called every parts store in the phone book. I am hoping two last shops will be able to locate this gauge for me. If not then I will be stuck. I am between jobs right now so I hope I do not have to take it to a mechanic for repair. So, this has me bummed out. Maybe some of you can relate. Thanks for listening/reading. Sincerely,

rafael \:\)

#2635 - 08/28/02 12:16 AM Re: feeling down
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Rafael,

Good luck with the car. I certainly understand getting bummed out about them. Seems like as a guy we are supposed to know all about them, but they just baffle me some times.

If it was a horse you could shoot it, but they frown on shooting cars.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#2636 - 08/28/02 03:22 AM Re: feeling down
Roy Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Hi Rafael,
I certainly have empathy for you when it comes to the car thing. Mine has over 200,000 miles on it and now costs me almost as much as a car payment to keep it going. I really feel like I have a "relationship" with my mechanic. I know a fair amount about cars (even though I'm gay, thank you very much) , so maybe we could talk some more privately so as not to take up space here. Check your profile for a private message.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.