Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kinghenri (26)
Who's Online
2 registered (susie, Logan), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#263044 - 11/21/08 09:36 PM Inner Child help
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
I feel like my inner chilled was killed not long after my birth. My T said that I had to get in touch with him.
I have tried several ways, I get close then I feel such a FORLORN SADNESS I dissociate.
Has any body experienced this? and found a way around it to get to the child within?.

Dusty Boy

#263046 - 11/21/08 09:54 PM Re: Inner Child help [Re: Dusty Boy]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Dusty,

My take on this is that your inner child is in pain. When you go in that direction you start feeling that pain. It might be hard, but you probably have to grit your teeth and go through that veil of pain to get to him.

Allen = pufferfish whistle

#263083 - 11/22/08 02:02 AM Re: Inner Child help [Re: pufferfish]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, Dusty, I sure know just where you are coming from, and how you feel. Here are a few sentences from the book Victims No Longer, by Mike Lew maybe it might help you. It has me and I'm 69yrs old. Here goes, Chapter 5, loss of childhood.As part of our recovery, it will be importaint to return to your childhood-not to make it right, but to understand what really happened and what was your actual role. You will in essance, be getting to know and befriend a little boy-yourself as a child. You have been carrying him inside you your entire life. And you haven't ever really understood him. Another line, You owe that child a lot, you know. If not for his courage and survival skills, you wouldn't be here. He deserves your reassurance. end of story. The way that I'm trying to come to terms in my case with little Peter, whom has gotten me to 69 yrs old, and has just within the last 4 plus months came up to the surface looking for help to get us back as one (boy & man) So I have sought help, I had stumbled onto this web site, I have found a home, I have found compassion, I have found understanding and love. I have bared the deepest part of my heart and soul to those on these pages, and thay have bared theirs also to me. It is very hard to get that boy back as those perpertrators of ours surely killed that little boy, in heart and soul, but right now it is up to me to get me and that little severely damaged boy the rest of the way. We must become one, we must go from victim- survivor for the rest of my life. I wish you well in finding young Dusty. I wish you well on your journey on that rocky road to recovery. I hope that this may be of some help to you. Hael well my friend.
Pete (Irishmoose)

Edited by petercorbett (11/22/08 02:02 AM)
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#263225 - 11/22/08 06:18 PM Re: Inner Child help [Re: petercorbett]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Dusty,

I think that your little child will come out when he feels safe to do so and not before. Just knowing that he (you) has sadness, that is a good starting point. Let it happen in his own time.

THis has seemed to have worked with my little guy and myself.

Take Care, Jim

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#263292 - 11/22/08 10:33 PM Re: Inner Child help [Re: Dusty Boy]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
You might want to read John Bradshaw's HOMECOMING: RECLAIMING AND HEALING YOUR INNER CHILD. Its a practical book in layman's terms and is extremely easy to follow. If you can't find it at your local librairy, then go to johnbradshaw.com

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.