Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443358 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#262877 - 11/20/08 12:30 PM Anxiety, Tension and Panic
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Why is it that everytime I start coming here more frequently and interacting more, I get to this point where coming here and reading and posting causes me a huge amount of tension, Anxiety and Panic??

I'm trying to remember to breathe and such, but man, I just really can't breathe!!!!

#262899 - 11/20/08 03:01 PM Re: Anxiety, Tension and Panic [Re: JustScott]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Hey Scott.....

This is a difficult place to come at times. I have to limit how much I come here because it can be just too much, and I also may not be getting what I'm looking for at times....(no offense meant to anyone.)

Participating here, with our topics, is of course going to be filling us with anxiety, fear, pain, joy (at times,)....all kinds of feelings. This is tough shit....So your tension, anxiety, and panic is normal...and to be expected. It means you are feeling...and that is good. It's tough dealing with this crap and sometimes it can be too much...and you need a break.

Have you had any luck speaking with the guys from your small group...or even our large group from the weekend? You might find that a little more personal and easier to deal with sometimes. I've had some pretty good luck with this.

This is the most difficult thing I have ever had to confront in life....this bullshit called abuse. I have triggers almost all day in some form or fashion....this place in particular can trigger things, so why wouldn't we have anxiety at times while coming here? It's part of our process I think Scott....but it will get easier, we just have to go at our own pace. Maybe you need a Breather from here at times? We all do.

Chris A
WoR Kirkridge '08

Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#262906 - 11/20/08 04:06 PM Re: Anxiety, Tension and Panic [Re: G5]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Scott,

I think that the key words here are " interacting more".
When we interact with others,especially here it is bound to stir up some anxiety.
Because of our issues of abuse and the fact that what really triggers us is being address.
Things are being dicuss here that we as survivors have been avoiding or running from most of our lives.
Recovering from sexual abuse at times is a intense and overwhelming experience.

I see coming to this site, like when you first jump into a swimming pool filled with cold water.
When your body first enters the water the coldness is a shock to your system.
But after you have swam in it a few minutes,it begins to feel good to you.

But maybe you are one of those people who have to go into the water gradually and let your body adjust to the water temperature.

Or maybe the water is too cold so you choose to come back on a warmer day.

I have learned to become a jumper myself.
Because the sooner I do it,the sooner I get use to my surroundings.

But it is an individual perference.
Do what is best for you.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.