Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (DaiseyLady, CheerfulJohn, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64200 Topics
448006 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#265195 - 12/04/08 12:02 PM Re: Still having nightmares [Re: king tut]
steveb121 Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK

#265198 - 12/04/08 12:10 PM Re: Still having nightmares [Re: steveb121]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
hey thanks! i will read through that

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#265213 - 12/04/08 01:18 PM Re: Still having nightmares [Re: steveb121]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Thanks Steve! I have tried some of those ideas but not all of them. Maybe that dream journal thing might b worth a try!

#265298 - 12/04/08 09:53 PM Re: Still having nightmares [Re: blueshift]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Thanks Steve-
Once again, wonderful to see and have yet more resources for support, from someone who understands. It can't be anything but good, to have as many of us as vocal and proactive as possible; the overriding theme (which crtainly applied to me upon stumbling across MS) which strikes me, is how relieved newcomers are to realize they aren't alone...

I'd be lying if i said i didn't still have a long way to go, but at least today i understand that (for myself, at least) it's important to attempt to maintain a clear vision of "the balancing act" of realism; one the one hand, i can be far crueller and unforgiving, of the person i happen to be today- yet also leap instantaneously, emotionally speaking, to a position of sourness, bitterness, self-righteousness, and "professional victimhood" which helps no one, especially myself. It can be a tangled knot, indeed; but thanks to the help i've found here, i no longer feel like my only options are to ignore it entirely, or to choose an ultimately unsatisfactory Gordian approach....
We must be gentle, yet firm, with ourselves i think.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.