Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442051 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#268746 - 12/26/08 12:02 AM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: mr_bill1958]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
When he becomes man enough to publicly apologize for the tremendous public harm he's done to us (his own brothers) I will gladly welcome him into the fold. He does not get a free pass to forgiveness by piggybacking and exploiting my genuine childhood sexual abuse.

#268943 - 12/27/08 12:15 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: MarkK]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: MarkK
really? how many of Pastor Haggard's sermons have you heard?

If you want to be technical, I really only need to have seen/heard/read one, if that one confirms my de>

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#268967 - 12/27/08 04:14 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: melliferal]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
.......but let us all remember, as reported by the media and in his own words, that after three weeks of conseling - he was cured! Released from his life-long demons.

I must be the supidest fuck this side of Heaven & hell for I've been actively working my recovery for over twenty years and I ain't even close to cured. Maybe Haggard has connections................

#269021 - 12/27/08 11:33 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: melliferal]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: melliferal
Originally Posted By: MarkK
really? how many of Pastor Haggard's sermons have you heard?

If you want to be technical, I really only need to have seen/heard/read one, if that one confirms my de>

#269024 - 12/27/08 11:40 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: joelRT]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Joel,

We each have a healing path because of CSA, so please don't beat yourself because you have been working on it for 20 yrs.

From the posts I have read for you, you are a caring and supportive to others here. smile

Take good care, Jim

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#269057 - 12/28/08 03:03 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: MarkK]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
ok, i've tried to stay out of this, because i've already made a statement. i've failed...oh well, put me on ignore, but, let the man speak for himself sans the medium of 'public opinion/debate':

creepy.... very creepy. major ick factor. and now he is going to go on to be a 'psychologist'? what a brilliant strategy! the man may have acted idiotically, but he's certainly not stupid! just think of the guaranteed free press he has for the rest of his life. that's one way i guess to make sure he lives up to the new image he plans to construct for all the world to remember him by. i mean, after all, if he can't redeem his true essence, he can at least make himself look 'good' for history.

i guess creating a new image 'costs less' in time and dollars than recovering a damaged one. [yes, joel, you and i may not be long for the 'st paul' variety of conversion; my own process has taken well over 20 years as well...more like 35....and i don't see and end in sight....i guess we're all different eek]

hey ted, i have an idea for a suggested field of study: gender studies

gotenyu! help us all!

#269229 - 12/29/08 06:27 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: Sans Logos]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Its his mask. Ever wear one? I did.

BTW: That clip was taken from an HBO piece that was intended to discredit he and all of US Christianity. The slant was fully employed to destroy image. Pastor H's fall was released just as this show was going to air/cable (not that it matters).

I could do a better "take-out" piece on any cause or segment because HBO hopped into the pool with even knowing its depth. I could use the same methods employed by HBO and utterly destroy a segment...but the cannons of "tolerance" keep me from doing so.

HBO exhibited a complete lack of tolerance for Christianity in their work. But "tolerance" in this country is a one-way street run by loud special causes only. Violators will be publicly pummeled (like Haggard here at MS and on HBO)

Heal from your CSA, but don't EVER let us catch you employing a survivor's mask or in need of help that contradicts your career or station in life.

So my question remains greatly unanswered: "Would Pastor Haggard be welcome at MS or not?"

Would a police officer hooked on drugs be welcome in a rehab hospital?

Still's Globs

New Video

#270050 - 01/06/09 01:41 AM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: Still]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
IMO he would be welcomed. He fucked up. He was a hypocrite. He was abused. I don't think that there is a 'test' to post here and recieve help.

There are a lot of us here on this site that have acted out in various ways; sex, drugs, alcohol, anger, rage, just being assholes to fellow human beings. Why? Because we were abused as kids and didn't learn how to deal with it when we were younger.

I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt. If he wants help there is no better place to come than here. Maybe he'd learn to be more accepting of the whole spectrum of human sexuality.

Take good care of yourself,

Steve

Edited by Stephen_5 (01/06/09 01:42 AM)

#270102 - 01/06/09 12:57 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: Stephen_5]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
"Ted Haggard, like many others of his ilk, have spent all kinds of time and energy explaining how sinful and deserving of contempt homosexuality is. This isn't about this man getting slammed for private, personal problems; it's about a hypocrite being hoisted on his own petard - nothing more or less."

I have to agree. Was this man unaware of his own actions when he was telling(other)homosexuals that they would spend ETERNITY in hell for THEIR actions? I would accept him into a group but would expect an apology to the people who's lives were inflamed by a man in such a powerful church position. Many people thought his word was gospel and sunk into dark depressions because of his "teachings". He deserves healing as do the people who need an apology from him for their healing to begin.

#270114 - 01/06/09 02:23 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: dancr6]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dancr6
He deserves healing as do the people who need an apology from him for their healing to begin.

... and he may need his own healing, at least in part, before he could be at a point where he could apologize.

I go back to my standard paraphrase: "Let you who is without fault cast the first stone."

M

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.