Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
5 registered (Ken Singer, LCSW, Jay1946, ACRoberts, Obi, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63361 Topics
443057 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#262860 - 11/20/08 11:01 AM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: pluckmemory]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
An honest man still cannot be honest with those aspects of himself he does not know. Haggard didn't know what the sexual experience as a boy did to him.

Quote:
Haggard previously had confessed to undisclosed "sexual immorality," and on the new audio he said: "I really did sin."

What really bothers me is the religion that heaps more shame and blame on the victim here, can't learn from social science/psychology, and teaches if you only would pray more and trust God, you'll get over it. It just damns to victim to more torment.

That is the sin in my view. And I don't mean to lessen the importance of religion and spirituality by that.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#262863 - 11/20/08 11:33 AM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: LandOfShadow]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
It get the having been abused and the subsequent defensive behaviour bla bla bla..........

When this bastard shows himself to be man enough to apologize to the Gay community as well as every other homosexual man that he has harmed, demeaned and condemned publicly in his very vocal sermons - when he retracts his hate speak and at least attempts to repair the huge damage that he done to Christians everywhere, then fine, he can have my empathy.

#262864 - 11/20/08 11:34 AM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as child" [Re: pluckmemory]
Blurry Offline
MaleSurvivor

#262865 - 11/20/08 11:35 AM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: LandOfShadow]
Blurry Offline
MaleSurvivor

#262879 - 11/20/08 12:40 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: MarkK]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Originally Posted By: MarkK
He is an honest man. Lying to hide the pain and/or acting out from past abuse is not something he originated. Read the posts around here. If being an honest man means 100% honesty at all times - then none of us can pass that test.

i don't see where anyone said anything about percentages. hmmmm. ok. and i have been 'reading the posts around here' and following the unfolding drama of this website for over 5 years now. but thanks for the suggestion. still, because of the gravity of his deceit, and its particular connection to the evangelical culture of manipulation by fear, he does not get an easy pass from me. prayer, yes. understanding, yes, compassion yes. instant forgiveness without retribution? hardly. this seems as if it might qualify as 'the sin against the holy spirit', that which would not be forgiven.

on another note, as i did not take much interest in this topic when it first came up 2 years ago, my inquisitiveness today lead me to google the man. so i got to see him in action, before during and after in various video interviews. still, no blanket forgiveness from me. he has a hell of a lot of repenting, groveling and fence mending to do before that will happen. frankly, i don't care if he does or does not. the man means nothing to me. i am sorry he has had to suffer what many of us have endured....that sux....but, he should maybe get down off his born-again-again high horse think about joining male survivor.

+++++++++++trigger++++++++
ok, for some it is possible that something could be triggered, maybe not...it certainly triggered my funnybone. my side hurts from watching this fascinating and entertaining vid. i came across it in my surfing today, poking fun haggard

ron

#262886 - 11/20/08 01:06 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: Sans Logos]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Thanks Ron, I needed a good laugh today.

#262960 - 11/20/08 09:45 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: joelRT]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
the hatred at this site makes me wonder why i come back at all.

and therein lies the answer.

#263750 - 11/25/08 08:39 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: MarkK]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
I see nowhere that Mr Haggard ever harmed a child. And to hang that label around his neck is an insult to victims. Why? Because sometimes the real monsters get away with it because they are not famous.

For those who have accused him of being a predator, I have one word for you: Slander.

I hate hypocrites like so many of these mega-pastors who turn out to be the very people they preach against.

Haggard is a pig who betrayed his wife and kids and then tries to justify it away. Hypocrite!

But do not accuse this man of a horrific crime that there hasn't even been a whisper about.

What I am grossly offended by is his attempt to justify his actions because of this alleged molestation. What is that? A get out of jail free card for any actions a victim takes? Most of us survivors never hurt others and blame our past. I am responsible for my actions! So is this dog.

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#263773 - 11/26/08 01:21 AM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as child" [Re: pluckmemory]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Originally Posted By: pluckmemory
Haggard should have sought out therapy long ago.

Yeah, and me too!!!!

but I too had absolutely no idea how serious the effects of my CSA were. But how could I? Nobody was talking about it really at all back then (1980's ) and still we need to do more of that.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#267972 - 12/19/08 04:15 PM Re: Disgraced pastor Haggard: "I was abused as chi [Re: pluckmemory]
BroKen5 Offline

Loc: TN
I am a pastor and there are times that it is tough to stay on top of my own feelings, emotions, and disires. At the same time deal with everyone else's problems. We live in a world to where everyone is allowed to have problems/issues except for a pastor.

Ken

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.