Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
6 registered (JW1230, Dave PNW, traveler, CafeMan, 1islandboy, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444202 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#262532 - 11/18/08 08:06 PM TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
I'm not sure if this has already been posted or not, and/or how many of you have already read this. But during my extensive traveling over the past week I had the opportunity to ready many magazine articles. I was pleased to open PEOPLE magazine and find an article titled "SURVIVING SEX ABUSE."

This is the story of TOM ARNOLD. He describes being sexually abused by his 17 year old male babysitter between the ages of 7-9, and how that abuse drastically affected the remainder of his life.

I am deeply impressed by the article and Tom Arnold's willingness to step out into the spotlight to share so much detail with so many people.

The story can be found in People Magazine, November 17 issue. It's in new stands now.

Allen

#262536 - 11/18/08 08:18 PM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: Roofus]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Don't cha just know....
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20238532,00.html

Edited by joelRT (11/18/08 08:20 PM)
Edit Reason: catn tepy

#262537 - 11/18/08 08:25 PM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: joelRT]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Very cool! Thats not the whole story, but awesome intro! Thanks for finding that!

OK... according to the web site, some of my information is not exactly accurate. Thats because I have been to NYC, SLC, and San Fran in less than one week. Coast to Coast... I'm a bit fried and it's not over!

Allen

Edited by Roofus (11/18/08 08:28 PM)

#262597 - 11/18/08 10:35 PM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: Roofus]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
It is a good story I hope that the public will realise that this happens more than they think. Because this is something that needs public more exposure. So that laws will be pased to lift the stature of limitations on a federal level. So that people can be charged with the crimes that happened several years later.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#262733 - 11/19/08 06:27 PM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: OKIE MIKE]
bcl092 Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
It's amazing how many people admit they were abused. Nice to see he can now get on with his life.

#262818 - 11/20/08 01:25 AM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: bcl092]
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

I remember reading his biography, this was in it...which makes me surprised that it took this long to be in People.

But it's really cool that he did this because it may inspire others.

#262821 - 11/20/08 01:34 AM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: Nyjah]
CorDav Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
courage one person at a time it is our time to quit being shamed It is not ours. It is society's. Give it back to them. Send it back to where it comes from.

#262843 - 11/20/08 09:12 AM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: Roofus]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Roofus
I was pleased to open PEOPLE magazine and find an article titled "SURVIVING SEX ABUSE."

It's important for us to buy things like this if we can because its like voting for more articles on this subject in the future.

Originally Posted By: Roofus
This is the story of TOM ARNOLD. He describes being sexually abused by his 17 year old male babysitter between the ages of 7-9, and how that abuse drastically affected the remainder of his life.

The story can be found in People Magazine, November 17 issue. It's in new stands now.
Allen

I tried unsuccessfully to find a copy yesterday at Wal-Mart. I'll try at another store.

Allen aka pufferfish whistle

#262856 - 11/20/08 10:30 AM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: Roofus]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
I read what they had online about Tom. That's great that he has the courage to come out and say hey look what I achieved in my life after all the bad that he went through. He beat the odds with the drugs, alcohol and sexual abuse to become a star. Until now, I never really cared that much for him when he was on Rosanne. Finding out his history and what his accomplishments have changed my outlook on him. I wonder if he has or uses MS? I don't think everyone totally ever gets over abuse but maybe he is strong enough on his own not to need MS. The media needs to bring more light on people who survive and become much more after going through abuse as long as it is in a positive light towards victims/survivors.

#265172 - 12/04/08 08:53 AM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: Roofus]
ceegee Offline

Loc: WV, USA
I just saw an interview he did with Access Hollywood. I really admire him for telling his story so publicly. I am now a big Tom Arnold fan.

#265199 - 12/04/08 12:22 PM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: ceegee]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hmmm I wonder if the interview will be podcast anywhere. Do you think it might be on youtube?

allen

#265202 - 12/04/08 12:34 PM Re: TOM ARNOLD's story in People Magazine [Re: Roofus]
ceegee Offline

Loc: WV, USA
I saw it on MSNBC.com. It was brief but emotional.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.