Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
6 registered (tbkkfile, finallyhere, focusedbody, Johnnygolightly, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443148 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#262529 - 11/18/08 07:47 PM Locked topics/Active topics and threads
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
I was searching the old archives of the discussion board to find more clarity on what makes me tick. I was just curios at what point does a topic get locked. Is it a time thing or a subject thing?

I was also curios. What is the difference between a active topic and an active post?

Easily confused,

island

#262552 - 11/18/08 08:54 PM Re: Locked topics/Active topics and threads [Re: 1islandboy]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Island,

Basically, topics are open forever. They only get locked when a situation arises that makes it necessary, such as a flame war. More than once I've seen a topic be resurrected from YEARS ago and not realize it was an old topic until I looked at the date/time stamp on it. What really catches me off guard is when someone resurrects an old topic and I see some poster in it from years ago that I used to know and I wonder for a second if they are back.

#262564 - 11/18/08 09:27 PM Re: Locked topics/Active topics and threads [Re: EGL]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

When you click the Active Topic's option on the menu bar a drop down menu apears that allows you to select 3 options. When you select one of those options it will give you a list of links within the time range you've specified (Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days).

The Active Topics are a list active threads within your selected time frame. The active posts is a list of all postings that took place during that time frame, and the Unanswered Posts is a list of all posts that have had no replies to them within that space of time.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.