Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 19 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63228 Topics
442148 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#262529 - 11/18/08 07:47 PM Locked topics/Active topics and threads
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
I was searching the old archives of the discussion board to find more clarity on what makes me tick. I was just curios at what point does a topic get locked. Is it a time thing or a subject thing?

I was also curios. What is the difference between a active topic and an active post?

Easily confused,

island

#262552 - 11/18/08 08:54 PM Re: Locked topics/Active topics and threads [Re: 1islandboy]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Island,

Basically, topics are open forever. They only get locked when a situation arises that makes it necessary, such as a flame war. More than once I've seen a topic be resurrected from YEARS ago and not realize it was an old topic until I looked at the date/time stamp on it. What really catches me off guard is when someone resurrects an old topic and I see some poster in it from years ago that I used to know and I wonder for a second if they are back.

#262564 - 11/18/08 09:27 PM Re: Locked topics/Active topics and threads [Re: EGL]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

When you click the Active Topic's option on the menu bar a drop down menu apears that allows you to select 3 options. When you select one of those options it will give you a list of links within the time range you've specified (Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days).

The Active Topics are a list active threads within your selected time frame. The active posts is a list of all postings that took place during that time frame, and the Unanswered Posts is a list of all posts that have had no replies to them within that space of time.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.