Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441810 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#253635 - 10/08/08 03:05 PM Spirituality & survivors
Kevin McParland Offline
New Here

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I just got an opportunity to write a column for the Los Angeles Examiner. I chose Religion & Spirituality as my topic, as I think that everything has an element of that in it. It also ges me the freedom to write about a number of different areas: relationships, health, recovery, entertainment, etc.
I'd like to welcome anyone who'd care to do so to give feedback/input for the column. Will be writing several a week. Here is the link to the first column.
Thanks,
Kevin
http://www.examiner.com/x-1135-Los-Angeles-Religion--Spirituality-Examiner

#253645 - 10/08/08 03:26 PM Re: Spirituality & survivors [Re: Kevin McParland]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
I like your colum..
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, & the wisdom to know the difference"
I would add....that we can change is US...ME You etc...we cant control everything but we can change ourselves...and with that change others...
"Fear & greed are powerful motivators and that is what many people in this country have been running on for a long time. Fear drove us to war. Greed drove many into debt. Now it is finally catching up."

yes fear is our worst enemy...when we act out of fear we act irrationally....

keep the good work Im looking forward for the next colum

#253680 - 10/08/08 05:51 PM Re: Spirituality & survivors [Re: Kevin McParland]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
(Post moved to moderator forum for review)

Edited by ModTeam (10/08/08 10:44 PM)

#253691 - 10/08/08 06:41 PM Re: Spirituality & survivors [Re: sunwolf]
Kevin McParland Offline
New Here

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Sunwolf,
Thanks for your words of support. In a time when there is so much negativity in the world kindness goes a long way with me. We as survivors should be there for each other, not striking out in anger & attacking each other. That is exactly what I see going on in the news media right now with politicians. Check http://www.examiner.com in a few days. I'll post something again soon. I am new to this so please be patient with me. Am still finding my voice in writing it.

Edited by Kevin McParland (10/08/08 06:44 PM)

#262506 - 11/18/08 06:00 PM Re: Spirituality & survivors [Re: Kevin McParland]
Healing Times 20 Offline

Hello Kevin:
I am new here as well. I am in full agreement with you, as we need to be in support of each other. I stand with you.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.