Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (Bardo, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63793 Topics
445487 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#262164 - 11/17/08 12:43 AM New and looking for some advice
IA319AI Offline

Hows everyone doing? I have a quick Q

Has anyone gone back to the place where the trauma happened? If so, how did you feel? What where your thoughts?

The reason why I ask is because finally after 14 yrs (I'm 24) I've decided to go back to where it happened and deal w/these emotions and feelings head on. Any suggestions, ideas, etc. strongly welcomed and thanks!

U

#262165 - 11/17/08 12:45 AM Re: New and looking for some advice [Re: IA319AI]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK

Edited by king tut (11/22/08 07:48 PM)

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#262169 - 11/17/08 12:56 AM Re: New and looking for some advice [Re: king tut]
midnight51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I had dreams about some of the places and it was weird. I finally drove around the neighborhood a couple of years ago and saw his house. Different things came to mind - I started to remember what some of the inside looked like and I could imagine myself back inside the house playing around like a kid. But the most overwhelming sensation was that the place actually existed - I hated even the thought of it. I thought to myself I would come back and burn it down. It's been about 2 years now but looking back I realize now it wouldn't help. I guess I just had to accept that it was there and that everything happened. I don't really like to think about it; it makes my head go backwards and forwards. I think it's best that way, at least for me. Just knowing that I was there and it was behind me.

Best Wishes,
M51

#262173 - 11/17/08 01:00 AM Re: New and looking for some advice [Re: midnight51]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK

Edited by king tut (11/22/08 07:47 PM)

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#262188 - 11/17/08 02:54 AM Re: New and looking for some advice [Re: king tut]
siranthonysghost Offline

Loc: Hawaii
I think if you feel you have reached a place where you feel safe with yourself wherever you are, it might be a healthy thing to visit the site of your trauma, if only to show yourself that it is just another place on this earth and that the location itself wasn't responsible for what happened to you. Only you can know if you feel ready for that.

I visited the neighborhood i grew up in a few years back and saw the house where I was molested several times. I kept expecting some kind of grand epiphany or dark fear to enter my heart, but nothing happened. it was just a house, a new family lived there. But everyone is different and you may have an opposite kind of experience.

#262359 - 11/17/08 09:57 PM Re: New and looking for some advice [Re: siranthonysghost]
IA319AI Offline

I'm ready. I've been talking w/the therapist for about a year now and both her and I feel that I'm up to this. I think more then anything, I just want to face my past and fears head on and walk out higher and prouder. I'll know for sure here in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the advice guys!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.