Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
3 registered (pete1973, kcinohio, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446665 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#262180 - 11/17/08 01:43 AM positive self image
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK

Edited by king tut (11/22/08 07:45 PM)

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#262181 - 11/17/08 01:54 AM Re: positive self image [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK

Edited by king tut (11/22/08 07:45 PM)

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#262247 - 11/17/08 01:28 PM Re: positive self image [Re: king tut]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lewis,

Yes, it's very hard to achieve and keep a positive self-image when so many of the false lessons we learned in boyhood tell us exactly the opposite. But it can be done, and I for one am confident you will get there. Your own words leave me in no doubt:

Originally Posted By: king tut
i promised him i would take him out of the darkness, show him love, show him the world, give him opportunities that he never had before, and by god i will keep my word.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#262277 - 11/17/08 04:31 PM Re: positive self image [Re: roadrunner]
loberhead Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lewis,

I think I deny myself a lot of things that would make my inner child happy. Why is that? Form of control? I don't have the answer. Probably something I should think on. But I think it's really good that you are letting little Lewis have fun in a lab.

It seems easier to have a positive self image when you start with one from childhood and are positively reinforced as you grow up. We can't change the past. The abuse, among other things, have reinforced a negative self image in us. So we have to work our way back to one. It's harder. Much, much harder. And it doesn't seem fair at all.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.