Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444081 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#262731 - 11/19/08 05:13 PM Re: Nonchalant [Re: Kathryn]
nonchalant Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland, UK
Read your posts Gabbahey

Weird how you say you feel that you adapted into homosexuality, because people thought you were gay. I often feel exactly the same. Until i began stressing about my sexuality, i didn't see men as attractive. Now i find virtually every man i ever come across to be attractive. This isn't 'coming to terms' with something. I have changed. And i blame obsessing about who i am for that. I belive our brains are so powerful that if we believe strongly enough, we can convince ourselves of anything

#262885 - 11/20/08 01:03 PM Re: Nonchalant [Re: nonchalant]
fromtoday Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Nonchalant,
Ive been reading this post through interest, my opinion would be, and please don't be offended by this, that you are obsessing way too much regarding your sexuality. From what you have written I would say straight with issues directly relating to your childhood abuse.

Anyway thats not why I'm replying, today I read an article in a magazine and it spoke about the following organisation which will apparently counsel you by email regarding sexuality confusion and I thought of you, I have no experience of them so can't recommend them but hey its worth a shot.

http://www.londonfriend.org.uk/

Good luck S

No escape from reality
Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see.....

#263002 - 11/21/08 09:52 AM Re: Nonchalant [Re: nonchalant]
Gabbahey Offline

Quote:
I believe our brains are so powerful that if we believe strongly enough, we can convince ourselves of anything

Makes sense to me.

And I have no quarrel with other people's self-understanding and happiness, or other people's understanding of their identity. People know what they know and feel what they feel.

BTW, just noticed the Northern Ireland location. I lived in Dublin for a year, and England for several years (ages 15-20). Long before I went psycho.

I should have stayed in England. The source of my illness is probably living in fortress America, the great consumer empire.

I was happier in that washed-up fallen empire, the UK. In my doubtless faulty recollection, it was quiet, dingy, a little run down, and utterly charming.

So besides the story of my insides, there's the story of my environment, which, as for all of us, is rather complicated.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.