Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
5 registered (Dave PNW, 4 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443025 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#261795 - 11/15/08 03:50 PM What forums can family and friends post on?
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
I was just curious about this one. Because I have seen that the Male Survivors forum is requested to be strictly for us. And I am SO grateful for that.

Are family and friends permitted to post on the other forums? I have no problems with that, it is just a question.

And, to any family and friend members that read this: Thank you for your support of us! I know it's not always easy.

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#261802 - 11/15/08 04:34 PM Re: What forums can family and friends post on? [Re: Tinman]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Hi Paul,

It's a good question. I'm happy to be given the opportunity to clarify this one every now and again.

This is part of what's posted in F&F:

Quote:
MaleSurvivor is dedicated to overcoming sexual abuse of boys and men. The discussion board forums are intended to be a supportive space for male survivors of sexual abuse. Family and friends of male survivors and other people interested in our mission are welcome to participate with sensitivity and respect to the purpose of the site.

Some forums are restricted to posts only by male survivors. If you're unsure about where to post, please check the forum de>

#261803 - 11/15/08 04:43 PM Re: What forums can family and friends post on? [Re: Trish4850]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
Trish, as usual, YOU ROCK!

Thanks. Though I have no family to support me in this, it is so wonderful to have F&F here. Because if it was just us, I would feel like we were some members of a weird club and not normal. When I say normal, I mean men worthy of the title, regardless of what was done to us.

Though there are things I feel comfortable only with other survivors commenting about, I am so thankful that one of the people who keeps us safe is a woman who supports us without reservation. Thank you for that.

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#261804 - 11/15/08 04:57 PM Re: What forums can family and friends post on? [Re: Tinman]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
grin such nice words Paul, thanks! The ladies here all love a survivor, but that survivor status is not what made us fall in love or what keeps us there. It's because the man we fell for was "the one." He isn't perfect and neither are we, we just happen to be perfect for each other, warts and all.

ROCK ON........Trish

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.