Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
5 registered (Shyshark, ArizonaOcean, I Want 2 Thrive, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#261550 - 11/14/08 01:48 AM Jesus is helping me Mature!
Marinan Offline

i was thinking about people abusing me and attacking me and I felt guilty because I for a moment I bought the lie that I was at fault .
But then the Lord said that no one has ever had the right to lay their hands on me. And he meant it in a way I could understand it. No Ministers or holy people,no evil people, and no spirits have ever or will ever or do have the right to ever manipulate me or harm me

#261565 - 11/14/08 07:38 AM Re: Jesus is helping me Mature! [Re: Marinan]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know so many guys that resisted therapy because they were either told or, assumed that it meant that the therapist was some kind of secular humanist that would force them to denounce their faith.

Well, if anyone ever comes across that guy, that therapist, I'd say, Run away! Run away!

Recovery isn't a religon and there is no cookbook, and if there was one...where, if you put all the ingredients in, in order and then let it bake for a specified period of time...well, I'd be highly suspect of that, too. And the charmer trying to sell it.

We all come to the table with our own unique experiences and using what we know, as in our faith, whatever that might be and, however we might express it, seems like, is a good thing.

I love the fact that you say, "...he meant it in a way I could understand it."

That is cool...

Thanks for the post...

:-)

Dave

#261602 - 11/14/08 01:03 PM Re: Jesus is helping me Mature! [Re: ttoon]
Dan99 Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Funny, TTOON, this post reminded me of the opposite phenomenon that happens with 12-step groups. I've known many people who refuse 12-step programs because they say it involves religion.

I tell them that in my almost 15 years of attending meetings, I've never been pressed to believe or commit to anything, other than staying sober and occasionally picking up afterwards.

Just goes to show, you can hide behind religion no matter what your viewpoint if you want to use it to stay in denial.

I'm sure I had many reasons for staying in denial years ago, too. Just can't remember what they were anymore. A sign of age, I guess.

Marinen, I'm glad for you that the Lord is reaching you. What a joyous thing to share.

love like you've never been hurt;
and live life every day as if it were your last.

#261831 - 11/15/08 09:06 PM Re: Jesus is helping me Mature! [Re: Dan99]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Dan,

Or a sign of growth.

In AA they told me.
That to be a part of AA all I needed was a desire to quit drinking and that was all.
No dues,fees,creeds and no authority to answer to.
But I met Jesus at an AA meeting, who would have guessed that was possible.(not me)

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#261854 - 11/15/08 11:12 PM Re: Jesus is helping me Mature! [Re: Marinan]
Healing Times 20 Offline

No, by no means do anyone have the right to harm anyone. GOD is good, and he will reveal himself to you. We live in a world full of people who are devoted to doing evil, but do know, that GOD is still in the blessing business.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.