Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (fhorns, pattom, Scott1962, 1 invisible), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63587 Topics
444230 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#261472 - 11/13/08 02:45 PM falling in love again? oooossshhhhh
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I'm just scared. Something about this older guy I met just makes me love him so much. His genuineness mostly. His smile, I'm pretty sure is the true culprit behind the polar ice caps melting. But it makes me scared to love him so much. I don't think he feels that much toward me..I think it's more just lust for him. I donno. I might be moving in with him.

The guy I'm living with seems to have a big pile of petty resentment against me and I need a change of atmosphere. I just feel real weird about the idea of moving in with a guy I might be falling in love with.

It'll all end in tears I'm sure.

#261508 - 11/13/08 08:14 PM Re: falling in love again? oooossshhhhh [Re: blueshift]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Doug,

Just a word of caution.
How long have you known this guy and how well do you really know him?
Seems to me from what I have read,you may be acting on the thought of living with him a little quickly.
Make sure you are not jumping from a bad situation into a worse one.
Be sure that you are not putting yourself a in dangerous situation because of the need to be loved.
Please be careful with yourself.

Your friend

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#261593 - 11/14/08 11:09 AM Re: falling in love again? oooossshhhhh [Re: michael banks]
theraven Offline

Loc: US of A
Obviously this is only my 2 cents. The situation sounds scary to me. It sounds like too much too soon. Taking time is almost always better then rushing. I know when I rush into ANY situation (usually to get out of one that I don't want to be in) that it is going from the kettle to the fire. It is easy when you only know 10-20% of a person to think they are the bees knees...time reveals their faults (which we all have) and when you can see/learn those faults from a safe distance it is easier to make decisions that will be beneficial for you in the long run.

That said, I hope that it develops into what you are hoping it is: a safe and loving relationship.

Stay safe and protect yourself.

#261675 - 11/14/08 09:27 PM Re: falling in love again? oooossshhhhh [Re: theraven]
blueshift Offline

Thanx guys. I understand your concerns given what little info I have provided. I am actually moving in with three people. I met the other two last night. One of them is younger and has many things in common with me...the other is also younger and shows all the signs and symptoms of a sexual abuse survivor...inability to make eye contact, looking ashamed alot, loath to make anything but superficial conversation....Gawd! I got a twin!

I mostly know what little there is to know about him through the other two, but my own impression of him bears out everything they said: that he's just confused and anxious and doesn't like to open up to people.

I'm just going to be as nice as I can to him and hope that he can begin to feel safe with me. He voted for having me live there so he must feel some level of comfort with me.

It might be hard to see him going through this process all alone(If that's what it is), but I know better than to prod or try to get him to open up b4 he's ready 2.

They all seem like very sweet and honest individuals. Of course it will be an adventure, but it always is. You can't always solve your problems, but sometimes you can trade them for different ones to break the monotony.

#261707 - 11/15/08 12:56 AM Re: falling in love again? oooossshhhhh [Re: blueshift]
theraven Offline

that sounds less scary smile smile
Good luck in the new living situation.
I always enjoy a move.

#261733 - 11/15/08 11:18 AM Re: falling in love again? oooossshhhhh [Re: theraven]
blueshift Offline

There are always uncertainties, but I have a pretty good feeling about it. I'm not so freaked out about falling in love again either. I know I feel really deeply for the guy, but then again, I kind of already know that it's not really going to a big relationship thing.

I'm depressed as always about the way things are. I'm always falling in love with someone who has no real interest in me and other people are always falling in love with me when I have no interest at all in them. I don't know just how or at what point I pissed Cupid off, but he's just been shooting his arrows with malicious intent for many years now--always making sure one person gets the arrow but not the other.

That kid's really not taking his matchmaking responsibilities seriously...he's just goofing off! I think he should be fired!
Put him to work delivering papers or mowing lawns or something!
Get him off the drugs and give him some DISCIPLINE! lol

Edited by blueshift (11/15/08 11:19 AM)
Edit Reason: correct spelling

#261787 - 11/15/08 02:38 PM Re: falling in love again? oooossshhhhh [Re: blueshift]
theraven Offline

I know what you mean. I felt like that for a long time. Then, when I thought things could never look up for me, I met my amazing, loving, caring wife.

I hope in time Cupid will start shooting properly for you too.
I think he will smile

once he's off the drugs! lol

#261788 - 11/15/08 03:04 PM Re: falling in love again? oooossshhhhh [Re: theraven]
blueshift Offline

What really bugs me is the irony of the fact that at one time people of both sexes that I was hot for were often hot for me but the damn CSA issues kept me freaking and blowing it all up!

I probably crushed a lot of people who were into me only because I was so damn scared of everyone. Life's cruel irony. Gotta love it. frown

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.