Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
6 registered (John DiFonso, TJ jeff, Scott1962, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443023 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#276111 - 02/19/09 07:24 PM Re: 8-Year-Old Arizona Boy Kills Father: Abuse?? [Re: michael banks]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
thanks for the update, murder is murder, but i hope this boy does get the help that he needs, and that the case is handled respectfully for the victims

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#276120 - 02/19/09 07:52 PM Re: 8-Year-Old Arizona Boy Kills Father: Abuse?? [Re: king tut]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Lewis,

I doubt that an 8 year old has a real understanding of the concept of what murder is or the ramacations of his behavior. Murder is an extreme behavior for a adult much less a child. I wonder what really happened here and drove this child to choose such an extreme behavior.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#276135 - 02/19/09 08:28 PM Re: 8-Year-Old Arizona Boy Kills Father: Abuse?? [Re: michael banks]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
yeah, you are right, he wouldn't have been able to comprehend what murder is at that age

it becomes philosophical, in that case, concerning responsibility, and im afraid i am no philosopher

maybe when we are considering the future of individuals we shouldn't be so concerned about the idea of setting a precedent, but still, in the broader sense, what precedent would be set if we start allowing small children to literally get away with murder?

children kill children sometimes too, there was a case in the uk where two boys around 10 tortured and killed a boy around 5, i cant recall the exact details, the emotional dynamics are completely different in that story, right? but the same precedent would apply, and i dont think anybody would feel happy with that leniancy in that emotional dynamic, so we have to be careful here before automatically being leniant, just because the victims were adults

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#276144 - 02/19/09 08:58 PM Re: 8-Year-Old Arizona Boy Kills Father: Abuse?? [Re: king tut]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

This was a really sad case. I have been following it closely, reading all the released evidence reports and police reports. Unfortunately, the state never had anything to prove the boy did it. They just managed to use a legal loophole to force the boy to plead out or face having the charges dropped and refiled when he was old enough to be charged as an adult. They found prints on the gun, but they did not even belong to the boy. There was also some things in the reports that pointed to other adults in the boy's life who had access to the home that day.

In an interview one of the boy's lawyers hinted that the boy may have been abused by his father and step-mother and may have been told by his step-mother, the police and detention staff that he was the murderer just to quickly close the case.

I just hope that the boy is not further damaged by the court-order therapy. Situations like that, particularly when they are forced and the child has to pass certain set points to avoid being punished, are perfect for further abuse and confusion of the boy.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#276154 - 02/19/09 10:08 PM Re: 8-Year-Old Arizona Boy Kills Father: Abuse?? [Re: king tut]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Lewis,

I don't see that it ever be justified in seeking a capital or murder case against anyone ten years of age or younger. They are just not mature enought mentally to understand the conquences of their behaviors or actions.
In the end they are still children. I think more attention should be paid to their parents and how they children are being raised.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.